Installed Fluidyne Radiator in 03 Cobra today!

Boosted 03

Established Member
Wow!!! Talking about a tight squeeze! There was a little more involved than just slotting the ABS Pump bracket. The top brackets for the radiator support had to be modified due to the Radiator being much thicker and not alowing it to use the factory bolt and hole. The Intercooler resevoir had to be moved over closer to the Coolant tank to keep the hose from rubbing on the crossover tube. All in all it was very much worth it. The Fluidyne is much thicker and it looks killer sitting in there. With the Intercooler jug slid over you can see a large part of the radiators polished surface. I hit the Radiator with some mothers billet polish before installing. Also, if you trim about an inch from the intercooler top hose it fits much better. The Fluidyne is so wide it almost kinks the hose. I datalogged the ECT's after the install and the car never got over 187F once. When the Fan kicked on (LOW) the temps dropped to 174F. I'm running the stock thermostat. I used Distilled water and water wetter as always. These temps were taken sitting still with an IAT of 89F. Thought I wqould put this up for anyone else thinking of doing this mod. :rockon: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
Oh you know I have definately been thinking about it. Sounds like a good project for Andy, well that and the 4.10 gears that I might do. :thumbsup:

djtyau

Established Member
Awesome! I ran into some of the same issues as you did, but all in all it wasn't that bad. My installation took longer because I bought all new hoses. I thought might as well do everything.

Boosted 03

Established Member
You get piece of mind with a mod like this. I'll wait until I put in the clutch to do the LDC cooling mos. Thanks for the replies. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread