Installed E-85 return fuel system on cobra

mystickb1996

Established Member
Over the weekend i got around to installing my new fuel system on my 96 cobra. My cobra has a 10:1cr aluminator with a vortech T-trim and all supporting mods. About a month back i was doing some tuning on the car and anything about 5800-6k bank 2 would go lean quickly and bank 1 would follow. This is due to the way the stock rails are setup and im making way more power then any part of the stock system should ever see. on the stock rails Fuel is fed into bank one first then loops around the back of the rails to bank 2 which is not ideal. So i have been looking a my options and also wanted to change over to e-85 and ditch the meth. so i came up with the following

Magnafuel Protuner 750
Fore F2I billet regulator
MMR fuel rails
All Teflon PTFE fuel lines
-10 feed
-8 return
-8 feed to rail after y-block so each rail has its own fuel source feeding the front and returning out the back to the regulator
80lb injectors
Glenns sumped tank

This is pretty big project once you start it. Making all the lines up and routing them properly is a task. Also there is a learning curve if you haven't used AN style fittings before with stainless braided hose. i still have a little more cleaning up to do but over all im happy with the install.

fuel%202_zps1svsajr9.jpg

fuel%201_zps1thycmr7.jpg

fuel%204_zpsrudgwlv6.jpg

fuel%207_zpsvqyuts34.jpg

fuel%208_zpsqfus7vjp.jpg

fuel%203_zpsdryd40qs.jpg

fuel%205_zpsqln2xi05.jpg

fuel%206_zps3tepjjxi.jpg

002_zps4a8fc7e6.jpg

th_IMG_4222_zpsd6qlf0th.jpg

SVTPete83

Established Member
Awesome man! I wonder what the power difference will be with the switch to e 85? Are you going to re pulley?

mystickb1996

Established Member
I prefer the stealth look, but it came out good
Did you watch the video? the last picture is a video if you click it.. there's no stealth with the setup im running and tial 50mm bov lol but i know what your saying. That look went out the window awhile back lol.
Not sure what kinda power it will make on e-85 but id like to see 670-700... and i didnt plan on changing pulley's, its currently runnning 15-16lbs which i feel should do it with 10:1cr

the install took me around 10 hrs id say. really the most time consuming part is mounting the pump correctly and working around the fuel rails. i pulled the manifold top half off, but even then its tight and you have 8 fittings to make from the y block to the regulator.

fastferndog

Established Member
Man!!! I didn't realize it was a video!! Sounds wicked!!! The install matches the rest of the car. Considering all the work you did, 10hrs is really good.

mystickb1996

Established Member
Thanks man! I appreciate it, long tubes to magnapacks with a big bov is amazing. When it's all tuned I will get some videos.

Helomech74

Established Member
Make sure to either wrap or secure all those stainless lines. They will, overtime, abrade everything they come in contact with, either putting a hole in the line or a hole in something else. I got some PVC shrink tube (same stuff used on stainless brake lines) and wrapped all my lines with it. Other then that, everything looks great. How did you secure the FPR?

mystickb1996

Established Member
Thanks for the advice, i will make sure to go over it again to see if its rubbing. Places i noticed rubbing i took rubber fuel line and cut it long ways and put it over the braided line then used tie wraps to hold it in place. I like the PVC shrink tube idea! i secured the FPR with the supplied bracket and self tapping screws to the firewall. it felt secure but im open for a better idea if needed. Thanks!! Hopefully it makes great power on e-85

Users who are viewing this thread