INSTALLED Billet Pro Shops 73mm throttle body and inlet

dturboman

Established Member
Installed my BPS 73mm throttle body and inlet last night

Here is my review and notes/ideas to make it easier for others

- My TPS bolts had way too much loctite on them, both snapped with very little effort - be ready with additional bolts
- The BPS inlet was a little rough inside - rougher than the OEM inlet - some steel wool wokring from corse to fine fixed that issue
- Bolt the EVAP into the inlet before bolting the inlet to the blower - BPS supplies spacers as the depth of the EVAP mounting on the new inlet does not meet flush.
- my TPS voltage was within .002 within the original - no adjustment needed.

Review and driving

This thing is HUGE!, and it looks amazing

I was very impressed from the second I revved the engine, the blower screams even more now.
Driving it pulls much harder, sounds amazing and I was seeing more boost than ever before .6-.75lbs more. it honestly feels like it gained 30-40whp. I had no issue with the tune, everything worked perfectly at PT and WOT without any odd behaviors. I'm very impressed!

Here are some pics

20D6067A-B9FE-4877-AEB3-7850F9539F26_zpsfbfeskgu.jpg

6857EC9E-DD3F-42FF-BB3F-0F3511203385_zpszhfcqpgd.jpg

75CB2D0C-FD0B-4F39-915E-391158B5222E_zpsetukbe1q.jpg

F4729611-E642-43A9-918F-143079D550B5_zpsvjv8u0cd.jpg

F2A0DC65-FF82-413C-B3E3-76A5A159D2E9_zpsrpiioqww.jpg

Last edited:

dturboman

Established Member
2.4" BPS pulley
OR Xpipe
JLT 123
tune

Made 712whp without the BPS 73mm, inlet and OR xpipe - I would not be surprised if it lays down 740-750whp now

Last edited:

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Looks huge, very impressive..
Did you re-tune for it??
How is the driveability??
Are you going to get it back on the rollers??? Thanx..

dturboman

Established Member
Did not re-tune for it.... drivability is great, smooth as my CJ65 with better response and sound.

I'll be back on the rollers on the 26th for a charity dyno day.

Looks huge, very impressive..
Did you re-tune for it??
How is the driveability??
Are you going to get it back on the rollers??? Thanx..

We'll find out soon enough.. but I would guess 20-30whp over the CJ65

You will see massive gains over the CJ65

Last edited:

VFORCEJOHN

Established Member
This is what I'm doing next.

I ordered the BPS elbow last week and I'm waiting for it to arrive.

I have the 10 lower, stock upper, cj65 and offroad H, JLT 127 carbon. I'm laying down 710-720 (highest run was 721.1) average was about 715 range. making peak power at 6600 rpm

I'm hoping to possibly see ~10 from the elbow (I'll do a little inside cleanup myself as well)

Now knowing that the tune really wouldn't be messed with I'm not so leary of messing with it to test this stuff out. Now it runs and drives exceptionally well.

I thought about taking the CJ/65mm and CNC Milling it to twin 73-75mm. I can bore atv Keihin throttlebodies from 32 to 39mm no issue. this should be even easier. I have the CNC machines here. just to make the throttle blades would pose a slight issue. I also thought about just going to a mono blade??? Maybe the whipple monoblade. I saw what it did at MIR vs the FRPP unit.

I talked to quite a few guys this weekend at Carlisle running a monoblade and they said it runs and drives with no issues. on startup some said the idle was a little high, some said it "hunted" for the best idle until it warmed up.

dturboman

Established Member
I moved to E85, added a lower pulley, ported the blower inlet so I didnt get to do a good 93 tune compare. I'll be on the Dyno this Friday to see what the total power is after my last round of mods.

The TB required no tune change, but a little fine tuning of the throttle stop was needed it was being pulled too far shut.

I didnt remove the blower to paint it... just masked it off well and covered everything around it.

Did u ever dyno???

So u ran it with the 65mm tune (which could be no tune at all for the TB)?

Did you remove the blower to paint it?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread