Installed a IRS Catback on my SRA Mach 1!!!!

Diamond D

Smooth as Eggs!!!
Established Member
So I've been looking to do a swap for some time & really haven't found any reasonable takers on my end. To be honest the only reason why I really wanted to do the swap is so I would be able to do the IRS exhaust. So since I was unable to get any takers I looked & asked if it was possible to put an IRS exhaust on a SRA stang, everyone & there Uncle told me no it won't work, you MUST HAVE an IRS for it to work. So since everyone & the internet kept telling me no no no no no, it just made me want to try it even more. So I looked online for a factory or aftermarket exhaust system. I was able to come across a factory OEM system off a 04 with +100k on it for a pretty good deal. So pretty much all I did was polished the factory system which people said I wasn't able to do that either, take it to my muffler shop, tell them my vision on what I wanted & that was it. I don't have ANY problems, no scrubbing, doesn't hit speed bumps, no interstate bridge issues, no dips, no driveway problems, ect. So here are some pics of what it looks like on a SRA set up.

Once I cleaned it up:
DSLR043_zpsfd3a7436.jpg

DSLR044_zps24a1b933.jpg

What the pipes looked like once I got it:
DSLR045_zps7e577351.jpg

Now on the Mach:rockon:
DSLR042_zpsb8db2108.jpg

DSLR025_zps7fe8e30a.jpg

DSLR028_zpsa15778d2.jpg

DSLR034_zpsf93d1e06.jpg

DSLR033_zpse97b5efb.jpg

DSLR032_zps3e5c6938.jpg

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Hangs a little low for my taste, even if you don't have scraping issues.

You did a nice job cleaning up the exhaust though, nice work.

MICLO50

got Liquid corn?
Established Member
Damn that's low but damn that looks good! Good for you proving all the non sayers wrong

Diamond D

Smooth as Eggs!!!
Established Member
Any shots of how the hangers are mounted? I would love to do this to my foxbody.[/QUOT

Good friend of mine is doin this mod to his Coupe as well. The only hangers are the ones at the end of the exhaust tips & right by the mufflers. Can't really squeeze in there and take a pic but I can try tomorrow if I have time.

Diamond D

Smooth as Eggs!!!
Established Member
Hangs a little low for my taste, even if you don't have scraping issues.

You did a nice job cleaning up the exhaust though, nice work.

Damn that's low but damn that looks good! Good for you proving all the non sayers wrong

Thanks, yea the car itself is low as hell the way I like it, so the exhaust set up makes it look even lower in the rear.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
:shrug:How is that exhaust any lower then a normal IRS car?

It's really not a whole lot lower in terms of relationship to the ground, but the pipes themselves on this car definitely sit lower in relation to the chassis. The pipes on an IRS car are tucked up more.

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
*Next time kids, buy a Cobra*

But seriously the car looks good. Yourr going to be pissed when you dent that cat back. I've been there

Diamond D

Smooth as Eggs!!!
Established Member
damn been thinking of doing this for a while!! ur a badass for doing this!! car def look soo much better!! any pics where irs exhaust connects to midpipe

Thanks, it actually connects to the mufflers. It's not a full system, just the tail pipe section is what I added.

Am I the only one trying to figure out the purpose of doing this?

Everyone has there reason of doin ANY mos to there car, If we all had the same style, the car scene would be pretty boring. I love it, that'a really all that matters homie lol.

*Next time kids, buy a Cobra*

But seriously the car looks good. Yourr going to be pissed when you dent that cat back. I've been there

Thanks, I'll be pissed if anything F's up on my car. Exhaust is my last of worries.

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
I ran a IRS catback as well on my Vert with a SRA, just took the wish bone weight off and fit like a glove.

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

IMAG0349.jpg

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
Been running a Bassani IRS catback on my cobra with the SRA for a year now. Picked up a set of universal hangers from autozone and mounted them to the driveshaft safety loop holes, bolted them directly at the end of the muffler where the tailpipes connect.

Fits like a glove and have never scraped once, even on my slammed car. No one has noticed I have a SRA until I tell them, all they notice is the exhaust.

You can also drop the tailpipes in 5 minutes with no cussing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread