Installed 99-01 tails today and have a ?

reef93

EVILNSIDE
Established Member
I installed a set of 99-01 export tails in my 03 today and I love it. It was a pretty easy install no problems at all.
before
photodisplay.php

After
photodisplay.php

My question is would a plug and play sequential brake light kit work now or maybe a splice in kit? It still has the factory plug on it wired to the 99-01 harness, just wondering if one was installed would it work?

Last edited:

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
I've never heard of a sequential brake light kit. What are you trying to get it to do? I mean, the outside two bulbs light up brighter when you press the brake, that's it, how could it be sequential?

You can't run a sequential turn signal kit now, because there's only one turn signal bulb. You could wire it in somehow, but it'd look goofy and defeat the purpose of the nice 99-01 cobra tails you just bought.

I'm not a huge fan of messing with the lights too much. It just gives cops a reason to pull you over.

reef93

EVILNSIDE
Established Member
Im was just thinking of making the brake lights light up sequential thats it.....Two bulbs light up when braking and the third bulb on the top is the parking lights, it doesnt come on until the switch is pulled. Just wondering if there is a way to make all 3 work in sequence?

Users who are viewing this thread