Install questions

BLU3VN0M

SVT Addict
Established Member
I got my rxt / pivit ball / steeda adjustable clutch cable/single hook quadrant/firewall adjuster / throw out stuff and I am waiting on my Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel.

Let's see what I run into

I see you guys dropping the tranny more then 5 times , is it really that easy ? Is your guys cars on jack stands or lift ?

I was on a lift. It's not too terrobly hard just time consuming and you need a helper. We had mine out and back up in about 3 hours

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
ok well I had to do about 4.5mm shorter also.

I probably could have gone 5+ mm shorter but the 4.5mm was close enough to clear the 1/4 to 1/8 needed per the instructions and have some pivot room left to clear everything else. I hate not having some preload on the clutch. im used to that with my prior setups.

but now I have another issue :(

my damn coolant hose is leaking at the back of the head on the heater hose assembly. what a bummer

the trans may have to come out again to get this fixed!

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
I forgot to ask is anyone using the "free play" clutch cable mod? because I would think that the pedal may vibrate sense there is a small amount of play now in it with the rst and rxt clutches.

im thinking of getting a spring from a parts store and putting on my clutch cable.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
I had some trouble with my x pipe going back in. That's from pulling to driving it

ah ok I got ya now. I had everything out and back in except the exhaust in 45 mins. I had to stop because my head coolant mod is leaking :(

trans may have to come back out again!!!!

let me know how you like it. im going to ace hardware to get a spring and make my own freeplay clutch cable mod

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
What's a creepily mod ? Is it just a spring ? Where dose it go?

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/99-04/197809-how-make-your-clutch-pedal-feel-awesome.html

ldcfreeplaymed.jpg

BLU3VN0M

SVT Addict
Established Member
ah ok I got ya now. I had everything out and back in except the exhaust in 45 mins. I had to stop because my head coolant mod is leaking :(

trans may have to come back out again!!!!

let me know how you like it. im going to ace hardware to get a spring and make my own freeplay clutch cable mod

I love it so far, I've driven it all weekend and have about 200 miles on it. The pedal effort is amazingly easy and it grabs like a mofo even during the break in. As far as the free play mod, there was a thread about the rxt and the free play that advised NOT to use it. I have a small preload on the throwout bearing just because of what I read in that thread. I'll see if I can't find it again and post the link

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
I love it so far, I've driven it all weekend and have about 200 miles on it. The pedal effort is amazingly easy and it grabs like a mofo even during the break in. As far as the free play mod, there was a thread about the rxt and the free play that advised NOT to use it. I have a small preload on the throwout bearing just because of what I read in that thread. I'll see if I can't find it again and post the link

well if I can ever get mine totally back together ill see how it works with it and without the mod.

but McLeod advises against no preload it wants 1/8 to 1/4 air gap from the pressure plate fingers to the TOB. having preload means 0 air gap.

BoostedByV

No Fly By ZONE
Established Member

Good to hear !
Still waiting for my flywheel here

Skud

Established Member
Guys, does anyone have the total installed length of the pivot stud that worked for them? Looks like most guys are having success with 4 - 5mm shorter than the stock t-56 stud, however I'm going from a 3650 to the Magnum and RXT, so my stock stud length probably isn't the same as the stock t-56 stud.

I have the long adjustable stud from D&D, but I'm going to have to cut it down since it's like 3 - 4 inches. The length from the stud hole on the transmission to the bottom flat part on the pivot head would be great!

Thanks!!
Riley

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member

SVT_Troy

Established Member
1-5/32 x 26 spline should be the correct diameter for our 26 spline shafts. Someone have one out that can measure?

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
here is the tool I purchased the same one that fiveohjoe said was right. but its not even close.

here are the mic readings from the plastic tool vs the steel tool that I purchased

20140623_193959_zpsupsrhgwh.jpg

here is the steel one 14.99mm or

20140623_193829_zpstasb8lzv.jpg

and the plastic one is 16.82mm or

20140623_193652_zpsubw4taxo.jpg

that is a big difference

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread