Install BMR Panhard with Bracket and LCA relocation bracket price?

chappys4life

Established Member
I am planning on buying the BMR Panhard bar, bracket, and LCA relocation bracket. I am looking to have them installed being I live in a apartment complex and am lazy. I know the work is not bad and think 3-4 hours should be plenty for install.

I contacted a shop locally and they want $440 to do the install. This seems high to me, am I crazy?

Rct851

Established Member
It's a little high but honestly that work is so easy it's going to be hard for a business with operating cost to do it for what it's "worth".

Do it yourself and have the peace of mind that things were torqued properly, loctite applied, correct grease etc.

chappys4life

Established Member
Ok glad I am not crazy. The problem with doing it myself is I have to go buy a jack, jack stands, and torque wrench. Then do it in a apartment parking lot. I know I can do the work just seems like a lot of effort.

Anyone know a good shop near Austin? Or even Dallas/Houston that is reasonable?

Rct851

Established Member
Ok glad I am not crazy. The problem with doing it myself is I have to go buy a jack, jack stands, and torque wrench. Then do it in a apartment parking lot. I know I can do the work just seems like a lot of effort.

Those costs and inconveniences are part of what it makes a $400 quite reasonable. Sorry work for a small family business.

With that said I had Houston performance do some suspension stuff for me recently and I was very happy with the service, price and turnaround time.

chappys4life

Established Member
Those costs and inconveniences are part of what it makes a $400 quite reasonable. Sorry work for a small family business.

With that said I had Houston performance do some suspension stuff for me recently and I was very happy with the service, price and turnaround time.

I have worked at a small family business, also worked at small car/motorcycle shops too :thumbsup:. Thanks for the info about Houston Performance I will shoot them a email.

Lemonth

Established Member

The cost of a jack and stands with some basic tools will be less than the cost of a shop to do it. Plus you'll have tools for future use.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
I just did BMR upper and lower control arms this last weekend, along with the watts link on jacks, and it is easy. I think it took me 1.5 hours for the lowers. The upper took a bit longer. Lowers are easy peasy, and the torqueing of the bolts is low enough to do on a cheap torque wrench. The panhard bar is even easier to do.

11gtcs

Established Member
I agree that installing a PHB, LCAs and brackets is a simple job to do. Shop rates in my area are $100+ per hour and most places wil charge a minimum of 4hrs even if it only takes them 2hrs so I'm not surprised to see your quote. If you were a little closer, I would say "I've got all the tools so bring your car over to my place with a case of beer and let's do this!"

Slick_Henry

Old post so maybe you already bit the bullet on this one but if you are still waiting to do this there is a shop in Round Rock that rents out lift space and tools. You can even pay extra to have a mechanic help you out.

Users who are viewing this thread