Install and tune for vortech kit with aftercooler on 98 svt

Camcobra1989

Established Member
Hey I'm just trying to figure out an estimate on how much it would cost to get a vortech kit installed and tuned on my 98 cobra. I know it's not to bad to install yourself if you're a decent mechanic but I'm in the military and really don't have access to the tools or a good place to do the install myself and info would be appreciated. Thanks

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
You can seriously install it with a flat blade screw driver.. It's that easy. The wiring for the pump isn't hard either and that's it.. I can take off and re install my aftercooler in a hour if I wanted to. I'm military too, and you should have a mech shop on the base. Or ask a buddy to help.. Just sayin

As for a shop to do it, I'm not to sure, you'd have to call to get a quote..

Camcobra1989

Established Member
Thanks man if it's that easy ill probably just do it myself than. I was just trying to be lazy lol because I'm deployed right now and I kinda wanted it done when I got home

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Oh yea I forgot about the that.. Yes you do.. That would be the hardest part of it all.

Triple Black

Established Member
[QUOTE,=98 Saleen Cobra;12782557]You can seriously install it with a flat blade screw driver.. It's that easy. The wiring for the pump isn't hard either and that's it.. I can take off and re install my aftercooler in a hour if I wanted to. I'm military too, and you should have a mech shop on the base. Or ask a buddy to help.. Just sayin
As for a shop to do it, I'm not to sure, you'd have to call to get a quote..[/QUOTE]

Come on now, theres a little more to it than that. I just installed a v1 on my 98 cobra. Did all the work myself in the driveway. It helps to me somewhat mechanically inclined. I found the instructions to be somewhat lacking. For instance, you will never get the bottom bracket bolt in if you dont have it in its hole prior to placing the bracket on the car. This typically would be the last bolt you would put on anyway, so you dont realize it until you have to remove the head unit and start over. They dont mention this little tidbit in the instructions. Having just said that, all in all not that difficult.

Last edited:

RioRed97Cob

Established Member
As a estimate for pricing, I recently got quoted for $750-800 to get a procharger kit with intercooler installed. I'm going to do the work myself but checked while I was getting an estimate for a long tube header install. Could be somewhat more given the aftercooler, battery relocation, and fuel related installs. Just thought I'd add my $.02

Users who are viewing this thread