Instagram Picture of the Demon - Maybe?

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Imo if they have an AWD setup that will work in a hellcat jeep.... Why can't they run it in the Challenger.... Why are they running DR on all four corners unless it is AWD?

Troponin

Established Member
Considering that collage of pictures was posted by an insider at FCA, you can bet that there are many accuracies in them. The hood and wheels and tires are very accurate.

Remember that the demon will basically be an upgraded hellcat

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
An aluminum block and solid rear would drop a good amount of weight. Those pictures look like it still has an IRS unit though.

Maybe no rear seat, light weight glass like the Z/28, true racing buckets, and a couple other interior tweaks to help shed weight.

Any hints at a tubular k-member and control arms? That would shed some weight too, right?

DropSVT

Established Member
They might be DRs all the way around because i thought there was a dealer law that says all 4 tires have to match to be sold off a lot. So if they wanted DRs theyd need to put them in the front as well. But i could be wrong thats what service managers told me in the past.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Sheesh this sounds like it's gonna be bad ass! If truly 400 pounds lighter, 110+ HP, and thicker, stickier rubber than a Hellcat, this is gonna be the epitome of Detroit muscle. How can any car guy not be excited? Dodge is gonna have the straight line game covered compared to the new ZL1 and GT500.

Dodge marketing and development is on their game in that regard. For the person that wants to go fast in a straight line they've got the market cornered. Ford and Chevy are in a battle to see who can lap the nurburgring fastest, leaving the market for people that like going fast in a straight line empty. It's brilliant. Even at 6 figures I don't think they'll have a shortage of buyers for these things.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Then why DR's in the front too?
I'm wondering the same thing

I think it has something to do with the flares. I'm guessing here.
I hope it's not going to look what I think it's going to look like. There is a Hellcat car out there with a Liberty Walk Body Kit. I think it looks absolutely HIDEOUS!

C0bra99

Established Member
Second video before the release

Looks like Rotors, back seat, dash, k member changes?

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Latest reports indicate 200lb weight loss not 400. Also look at the Challenger ADR concept for what it will probably look like when revealed.

blk02edge

Established Member
cool concept, stupid that its a challenger, and I'd prefer they left those flares in the F&F franchise but... it'll sell

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
Latest reports indicate 200lb weight loss not 400. Also look at the Challenger ADR concept for what it will probably look like when revealed.

Internal goals are 400lbs., will they get there, who knows? They are comfortable saying it "will" be 200lbs. Companies do it all the time, they have internal goals and goals they are willing to proclaim publicly. They want to under promise and over deliver. Guys, don't get hung up on DRs being on the front wheels. Many times manufacturers are testing things (suspension components, drivetrain components etc.) that are unrelated to the actual production vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread