Inspections

FranticFocus05

Established Member
I have been reading so many post I have ended up confusing myself. I have a 05 and everyone tells me that all they do is hook it up and see if I trip a CEL light and as long as I am clean I am safe no matter what I am running.

Since this will be the first emissions I will be getting done they run it on the sniffer once and then from then on out just hook you up to the computer? If so I guess I better be going back to stock :??: :??:

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
at our shop, and cars newer than 1996 are equipped with the OBDII, and we dont have to but them on the sniffer, we jsut hook it up to the pooter.
cory

TurdFerguson

Scumbag
Established Member
yea 96 and newer they just hook it up and look for codes.

but if you have a 05 arent you exempt for 4 years or something?

at least in jersey i think if you get a new car the inspection is good for 4 years or something.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
Yup, OBDII cars they just plug in to see if all the self checks were completed. I just went through this with my CSVT with headers (no pre-cats) and only the main cat. With MILs it passed. However, it took me 3 weeks to get this done because my battery was disconnected right before (forgot to tighten the cable) and it took it forever to do the selfchcks.

Shambles

Fetch the COMFY CHAIR!
Established Member
The above is why I just had my tuner take one of the banks on my chip and burn my stock programming w/ the 2 Rear O2 sensors shut off :).

Users who are viewing this thread