Insight on Car Troubles

JohnsMyName

Established Member
Why would my motor be flooded after parking it overnight? The back story is below

So I drove my car home, and it ran great, parked it and went to bed. The next day I try to start in and it wont turn over. I try jumping it and nothing. I check the battery, it's fine. I hear the fuel pump prime the system, so that's ok. At this point I figure it's the starter. I have the car towed to my mechanic and he says he just charged the battery and got it started, the only problem he could find was that it was flooded. Why would my motor flood even before trying to start it a bunch of times.

Tx_Diablous

I build them she drives
Established Member
Problem, charge on Batt low...you tried to start it....not turnning over fast enough to start....wha laa....flooded.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
You can visually see your injectors just beside the upper intake plenum. Have someone sit in the car and cycle the key while you watch the rails and if you can clearly see fuel leaking out or notice a strong smell of fuel you likely have an injector leak.

Slither

Established Member
You can visually see your injectors just beside the upper intake plenum. Have someone sit in the car and cycle the key while you watch the rails and if you can clearly see fuel leaking out or notice a strong smell of fuel you likely have an injector leak.

Pretty sure toaster was refering to leaking past the internal seat of the injector. So, to visually see the injector leaking into the cyl, you wouldnt see that even with "Betty Davis Eyes" and probably have to call superman in for the job. :thumbsup:

Blown4v

Just Another Sell Out
Established Member
if you have a fuel pressure gauge, you can monitor it after the car has turned off. It should stay up for a while and sloooowly drop. If it drops quickly after the car is off, you have an injector issue

Users who are viewing this thread