INSANE Civic vs Viper!

01MustangGT

CHP 5.1L Stroker & KB
Established Member
Originally posted by hmmmidunno
major repost...
second that:D
edit: sorry, i dont know if it is a repost or not, but this vid is new to me. i thought this is a vid where he smoke the viper

Last edited:

r6bullet

Established Member
I have never seen that, and yes that is one of the faster hondas I have seen. Is it just me or do vipers sound like ass for a v10?

Msyticgold

MY BAD. Sorry repost cop I saw it freshly posted on the corvette forum and thought it was a new one. :bash:

Oh well, new one for me anyways, lol. :beer:

Msyticgold

Originally posted by r6bullet
I have never seen that, and yes that is one of the faster hondas I have seen. Is it just me or do vipers sound like ass for a v10?
Yeah, vipers do tend to sound like pissed off hondas. One time I was at a car show and this car started up behind me and I thought, hmmmmm I wonder what kind of ricer we have here, when I turn around and, lo and behold, it was a viper! :??:
You'd think that for 80K, it would sound a little like a 80K car. :shrug:

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
That is a fast motherf***er, HAHAHA its still ugly and its still a civic, you make a turd fast, this is an example of just that.

Ultor

Pie luver ;)
Established Member
Originally posted by gtstang
why would he spend all that money into that honda?

Because it probably still cost 60 thousand dollars less than a viper, and almost as fast. (in a straight line, from a roll at least)

I like how it looked completely stock...

Could you post the link to the thread in the Vette forum, thxs =)

1969Fastback

*OG Crew*
Established Member
That would be Cary racing Sal here in houston...

that was his old motor and he is going to be faster with his new motor. The old motor was a b18 with a good size turbo on it. (not sure of the size)

that viper was a heads/cam/spray viper that bested at a 9.7 at 140 mph on DOPE!!!!

but in the video, no spray was used. If you guys dont know by now, houston has probably the fastest street scene in the nation, riding along up there with Chicago, Florida, and a few other southern states

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
Originally posted by r6bullet
Is it just me or do vipers sound like ass for a v10?

Some people are so tied up on how a car sounds it's kind of funny. Me personally don't a shit what it sounds like, if I press the gas and it hauls it's good enough for me.

Last edited:

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
Originally posted by Ultor
Because it probably still cost 60 thousand dollars less than a viper, and almost as fast. (in a straight line, from a roll at least)

Yeah but it's still a Honda, if it was a NSX that would be different.

Codes

ROLL PRINCE ROLL!!!!
Established Member
Originally posted by 1969Fastback

that was his old motor and he is going to be faster with his new motor. The old motor was a b18 with a good size turbo on it. (not sure of the size)

that viper was a heads/cam/spray viper that bested at a 9.7 at 140 mph on DOPE!!!!

but in the video, no spray was used. If you guys dont know by now, houston has probably the fastest street scene in the nation, riding along up there with Chicago, Florida, and a few other southern states

Yea I live in Houston and I dont know anyone or where to go. Would like to know, but you know.

TheBlack03

Established Member
Originally posted by 1969Fastback

Wrong.

That is Albert Chlouber's 99 Viper RT/10.

Cary's motor is a B18B1 with a 60-1 turbo on it.

That Viper has a stroker motor. And it went 9.63 @ 150.83 MPH. Check out www.houseofpower.com for the video of the 9.63 run.

91tbird

Established Member
Originally posted by TheBlack03
Wrong.

That is Albert Chlouber's 99 Viper RT/10.

Cary's motor is a B18B1 with a 60-1 turbo on it.

That Viper has a stroker motor. And it went 9.63 @ 150.83 MPH. Check out www.houseofpower.com for the video of the 9.63 run.

You sure about the B18B1? Thats a 94-2001 LS motor from an integra and really doesn't make sense to be run on such a high end civic. Unless hes looking for a better powerband and not just high revs and bunches of power....

Users who are viewing this thread