Input on a Lotek pillar pod

junioRace

Established Member
I was going to order a Lotek triple pillar pod today, but thought I'd first get a little input from anyone who has one. How is the fit and finish, and is the light gray a good enough match that it doesn't need painted? Thanks

Grombil.com

Established Member
Im so ready for a Loteck my self, but they dont make one for the 04 L with 3 pods... I think i can get one with one pod... But someone in this forum told they did get a 3pod fitted in a 04... I wold like to know what they had to do to make it fit?

Chi3f

Established Member
the 03 pod should fit in an 04. the reason it says it doesn't on there is because regular f150's changed in 04. lightnings kept the same body style as the previous year.

and i had a loteck. fit great. color matched good. only thing i didn't really like was the finish. i don't think the texture is stock looking but still well worth the money.

junioRace

Established Member
Grombil.com said:
Im so ready for a Loteck my self, but they dont make one for the 04 L with 3 pods... I think i can get one with one pod... But someone in this forum told they did get a 3pod fitted in a 04... I wold like to know what they had to do to make it fit?
Hopefully someone will chime in for you. If not, maybe you can just e-mail them at [email protected] and see if they can answer your question?

TXRickC

Established Member
During the 2002 model year Ford changer the Pilar & Handle so the LoTek fits great on 99 to early '02s but mid 02's -'04 may need to be trimmed to fit to your liking.

fullboogie

Established Member
Grombil.com said:

Yes, Loteck's 3 pillar pod fits the '04. You will have to take a hair dryer and heat up the top corner near the driver (away from the windshield) and place the pod in the proper postition for a few seconds - this lets it conform to the pillar. Let it cool for a few seconds, and now you're set to go.

slowsonicblue

Established Member
i don't have a lotek but wish i would have gotten it instead of the autometer triple Autometer pod fits like poo!!!!

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
I have notice that the top pod is facing upwards and is not as easy to see as the middle and bottom pod. I may be the only case on this......But I did put a guage in that top one that i don't watch very often,

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
I have an 03 and fits great.. Just buy it.You will love it.If the upper tip sticks out just heat it up with a hair dryer and it bends easily.

txyaloo

Established Member
I ended up cutting about 2" off the top of my pod to make it fit right in my 03. I think the color is close (looks more brown to me), and the texture is a little off, but it's better than the alternatives.

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
114_1441.jpg

junioRace

Established Member
Bruce, that's a very helpful pic of the pod setup. Looks like you have a toggle to switch back and forth between water temp and .....??

GREAT lookin' rides and home!

Users who are viewing this thread