Input on a hood

1slohawk

Established Member
So my intake was hitting the stock hood so I broke down and bought a cowl hood for a car a few months back, but finally got a chance to get pictures of it on the car. I'm not sure if I like it or not at this point and want to make sure my mind is made up before spending the money to have it painted I'm leaning towards not liking it. The car is dirty in the pictures from sitting in the garage collecting dust all winter and i haven't had a chance to wash it yet. What do you guys think of the hood and to make it clear the only thing still 93 cobra on the car is the: body kit, paint, and floor mats so I'm not worried about hurting the value of the car lol

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:

1slohawk

Established Member
I have been considering going to a 2 1/2 cowl but it needs to be something lite and fits good. which is why I bought this hood it fits really well for a fiberglass hood and weighs next to nothing.

buddha93

Established Member
Well, just personal preference, but I'm not a huge fan of tall cowls. But, with the big n' little tires it does work since you see that setup and the dragstip alot.

WillyB93

Established Member
I would say the cowl is a little high to me, I am not a fan of the cowl hood anyways!! It is all your preference and seems to me you really don't like it.

johnh

Established Member
Looks awesome, small hoods are for coupes and stockers. The hood fits perfect for cars with GFX.

I'm a little partial though..

%21B0Y%21%29ogBGk~%24%28KGrHqQOKnUEw88-54pjBM%2CEebS%2Csw~~_12.jpg

1slohawk

Established Member
My main concern is the car gets driven a decent amount and with the car already being loud I have enough problems worrying about being pulled over I'm affraid a cowl hood will put it over the top.

delvin.a

Established Member
My main concern is the car gets driven a decent amount and with the car already being loud I have enough problems worrying about being pulled over I'm affraid a cowl hood will put it over the top.

If youll leave the beer and weed at home they wont have anything to arrest you for ;)

Back on topic, it looks good with the big & little set up you have, I'm not really a fan of cowl hoods but that combo works alright.

Dntgtbit

Established Member
I like it. It will look completly different painted. The white sticks out to much. Once painted it would blend really good. Just my opinion though. If you decide to part ways with it let me know. I may take it.

1slohawk

Established Member
Thanks for everyones input. I have put the stock hood back on for now. I may go back to the cowl hood and have it painted, but for some reason I like the way the car looks with a stock hood.

BrettT 93|03

93 & 03 Cobra Venom
Established Member

Coming in on the topic a little late. Just wanted to comment....That 4" one is to much for the street. Go with a 2.5" cowl. It will look Bad A$$

What is done to the car?

Last edited:

1slohawk

Established Member
Coming in on the topic a little late. Just wanted to comment....That 4" one is to much for the street. Go with a 2.5" cowl. It will look Bad A$$

What is done to the car?

Thanks I will most likely look into a smaller cowl hood. The car has a 306 with trickflow heads, systemax intake, vortech t-trim, and pretty much all the other bolt ons. Then a g force t5 and a built rear.

1slohawk

Established Member
I ended up getting the hood painted since I couldn't deal with the stock hood hitting anymore. The paint blended great imo and so far I'm happy with it, but it definitely gets a lot of attention the way it sits.

1slohawk

Established Member
Thanks, I know its not everyones first choice in hood, but it's for weight more then anything else the hood weighs next to nothing.

WillyB93

Established Member
Looks like it did blend well, the car looks to have an aggressive stance now!

Users who are viewing this thread