Innovators West 10% OD Install/Removal Question

Joe5.0

Established Member
Got mine in today. Does anyone have any info on how to properly remove/install this bad boy?

Will a generic Pulley puller or Harmonic balancer remover work?

There instructions werent very good.

Thanks in advance guys!

Last edited:

dustin88lx

Established Member
A simple 3 prong puller works.great..you will need to buy a couple bolts 1 -1/4 inch longer than the factory and 1 -1/2 . The bolt that comes with it are torque to yield so you cant use the bolt to pull the balancer onto the crank. The crank sensor bracket located on the left side as u look at the engine will have to be ground down roughly 3/8 of an inch or enough to clear the pulley. Good luck its worth it I love mine.

Joe5.0

Established Member
Thanks for the info. Why exactly do i need to purchase (2) bolts cant i just buy (1) a 1/2longer?

And i was told that ZERO modifications to the crank censor bracket were to be made. otherwise i would have ordered the 15% OD.

blacknlte

Established Member
Thanks for the info. Why exactly do i need to purchase (2) bolts cant i just buy (1) a 1/2longer?

And i was told that ZERO modifications to the crank censor bracket were to be made. otherwise i would have ordered the 15% OD.

Who did you order it from?

dustin88lx

Established Member

If you just buy one the bolt itself will bottom out in the crank before it tightens down. Reason for needing the different lenghts...yeah i was told the same thing...bit the fact remains that is has to be ground down..

I personally was told by a sales rep from lethal that zero mods were needed likewise..i ended up buying somwhere else cause they had all the parts i needed at the time. Shit happens its all new stuff so cant complain

Joe5.0

Established Member
Damn yea i suppose i cant complain.

What exactly did you use to grind it down?

And if you dont mind me asking what else is done to your car?

dustin88lx

Established Member
CAI, throttle body mono blade, lower pulley 10%, tune, mcleod rxt street twin clutch, upgraded clutch hose, getting ready to install a zex wet kit and aerospace components brake kit for front and rear.

We used a high speed air grinder then buffed it after.

Last edited:

Joe5.0

Established Member
Cool thanks for the info. Hopefully all goes well it looks like a pain in the ass.

Are there any Top Dead Center issues i need to be concerned with?

And what all needs to be removed out of the way for me to get the Remover tool in with enough space to work with?

Thanks again Dustin!

dustin88lx

Established Member
Cool thanks for the info. Hopefully all goes well it looks like a pain in the ass.

Are there any Top Dead Center issues i need to be concerned with?

And what all needs to be removed out of the way for me to get the Remover tool in with enough space to work with?

Thanks again Dustin!

No issues with the pulley, the key on the crank will line it up where it needs to be...now if you have a track pack that could change things I guess you have to modify a fitting...don't know a great deal about it I don't have a track pack car.

You will need to take off the top cover, radiator fan/shroud..move the resevoirs to the side and it will be wide open to access from the bottom just make sure not to get your pulley puller into the radiator fins...

Joe5.0

Established Member
Im having trouble trying to get the bolt out of the pulley. The crank just wants to spin.

Any tips guys?

dustin88lx

Established Member
Either use a air gun as it immediatley puts the poundage on it...if you don't have a compressor setup available you can always put the car in gear and that should hold the motor from turning outside of that, would be maybe getting someone else to try to hold the harmonic balancer and with a quick burst try to turn the bolt out...they are torqued to like 90ft/lbs so you have to put some umphh behind it and they are normal thread to lefty loosy righty tighty...not trying to insult your inteligence I have just seen backwards threaded bolts in cranks before.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
On A side note. I have a group buy opportunity. Me and another guy are in locally...i need 3 more. Innovators west pulleys at $539. PM me for details. Saves almost $160

Joe5.0

Established Member
Either use a air gun as it immediatley puts the poundage on it...if you don't have a compressor setup available you can always put the car in gear and that should hold the motor from turning outside of that, would be maybe getting someone else to try to hold the harmonic balancer and with a quick burst try to turn the bolt out...they are torqued to like 90ft/lbs so you have to put some umphh behind it and they are normal thread to lefty loosy righty tighty...not trying to insult your inteligence I have just seen backwards threaded bolts in cranks before.

Well i still have the belts on and the car is in gear. I do have an air gun with compressor i just didnt think it would have to come to that.

What size is the stock bolt? 18MM? My 12 point 18MM Socket has some slight play.

flyby763

Established Member
Okay got the bolt off but now im not understanding how this generic pulley puller is supposed to take this balancer off. There are no holes for the (3) screws to screw into to allow the tool to work.

Help! Gotta get this done today.

I've not taken one off in these cars but I think you have to use the kind of puller than grabs the outside of the pulley. A three prong one.

Joe5.0

Established Member
Got the stock pulley off and the new one mocked up on there. Look like there is once again clearance issues with a fitting for the Track Pack. Why is it that between Lethal Performance, And Innovators West neither of them mentioned ANYTHING about there being issues with cars eqiupped with the track pack option when installing a 10% not a 15%? Doesnt make sense to me. At this point i may as well ask for my money back on the 10%pulley and just have the car tuned for JLT intake and FRPP Tb.

Anybody have info?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread