Inner door panel replacement

jmichalicek

Established Member
My '99 has spent much of its life as a daily driver at a house with no garage. The years of abuse are starting to show. The two primary things that are really showing are the driver's side seat and the driver's side door panel. I see all of the parts for the seat at Tousley Ford if I want to keep the seat stock (not sure on that). The inner door panel, the big main part with the vinyl covering, pocket for stuff, etc. is turning out to be trickier than I expected.

Tousley Ford has a "door shell" which might be it, but like I said, no good image so I'm not certain. Obviously, I can call there to find out and will be doing so. But it's almost $1000 for the driver's side one, which seems a bit ridiculous if it is the right part. The same part for Fox bodies seems to run about $150-$200, although those are 3rd party aftermarket parts and not direct Ford replacements.

Anyone know the part # for these (I need it in parchment color) and/or other options aside from the junk yard? I've already checked latemodelrestoration.com and they don't have them.

I'm not in a big rush on this. I'm just getting my list of stuff I need to do together so that I can plan the expenses at this point.

zPipes

Established Member
I can tell you one thing right now. $1k is a ripoff, if I've EVER heard one. What kind of crazy shit is that.. thanks tousley for reasonable prices.

You can check the market, there are guys parting out cars often. I don't know if you've stopped in there recently just a suggestion. Gl man.

jmichalicek

Established Member
Yeah, I'm not certain that's actually the right part with the cost and lack of good picture. The picture on the Tousley Ford site shows the door at an angle from the outside and has an arrow pointing at the edge of the door.

I found a quote from latemodelrestoration.com stating that they don't sell that part because it's too stupidly expensive, though, so that might be it.

The market here is a good idea and likely to get me a better condition replacement than one that's been rotting away in a junk yard for a few years. I'll definitely keep an eye out there.

Users who are viewing this thread