Injector?

SnakeGrunt97

Established Member
Hey guys would like to know if i would benefit or would it be a waste of time, Just got some work done to the motor and wondering if i could up size on the injectors, mods are cobra manifold upper/lower, Ford B-cam, BBK cold air intake, BBK headers equals, H-pipe with high flow cats, and Flows with dumps, and just had some new plugs and wires. Thanx:banana:

4valvemach

Established Member
You could go up to 24# and a bigger MAF to pick some extra power for right now.With the B-cam the stock heads should get changed out to make the most of that cam.

I had the stock 19# in my 90GT and it ran good, the mods bbk cold air,off road H-pipe,equal length shorty headersthe rest stock.I did changed the old 19# out for new ones and it went from running good to great.I also changed the coolant temp sensor and air charge temp sensor that may have helped.With 200k it still ran a 14.79 on crap tires:-D

SnakeGrunt97

Established Member
You could go up to 24# and a bigger MAF to pick some extra power for right now.With the B-cam the stock heads should get changed out to make the most of that cam.

I had the stock 19# in my 90GT and it ran good, the mods bbk cold air,off road H-pipe,equal length shorty headersthe rest stock.I did changed the old 19# out for new ones and it went from running good to great.I also changed the coolant temp sensor and air charge temp sensor that may have helped.With 200k it still ran a 14.79 on crap tires:-D

Thanx man, yea diffidently on the heads i want to get some gt40's but trying to hold out on a good pair of aluminum heads, just don't want to flood or over kill my motor but i seem to think with the mods i have i should be ok.

blownfox

Established Member
You can get 24's like 4valvemach said, but I would also get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. This way you can control your fuel pressure.

You can also bump your timing up some for more power. 13 or 15 degrees with the sprout unplugged. Just be careful and not lean it out too much.

SnakeGrunt97

Established Member
You can get 24's like 4valvemach said, but I would also get an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. This way you can control your fuel pressure.

You can also bump your timing up some for more power. 13 or 15 degrees with the sprout unplugged. Just be careful and not lean it out too much.[/QUOTE

Thanx man.. for sure on the fuel pressure regulator just hope it is not to hard or confusing installing or adj. the fuel, i want to say when i had the cam installed i was watching the mech. do adj. and the timing he said it was set at 13.5 or so, so i think i am good there. Thanx again

blownfox

Established Member
there should be 3 screws on the bottom side of the FPR. I had to pull the upper intake off and the passenger side fuel rail. I did this several years ago, so I hope I am remembering it right.

I would not get an BBK, unless you have deleted you EGR valve. I had to do some grinding so I could be the FPR to fit under the ERG valve.

SnakeGrunt97

Established Member
there should be 3 screws on the bottom side of the FPR. I had to pull the upper intake off and the passenger side fuel rail. I did this several years ago, so I hope I am remembering it right.

I would not get an BBK, unless you have deleted you EGR valve. I had to do some grinding so I could be the FPR to fit under the ERG valve.

Dude i hope i dont sound like a idiot but what is the FPR and the egr is not there deleted do to the after market manifold(Cobra) so if u could explain a little more. oh ya we are talking about the fuel pressure regulator rite on how to install it..

blownfox

Established Member
FPR = fuel pressure regulator

EGR valve is located between the upper intake and throttle body.
5.0 EGR Delete How to? - Ford Mustang Forums
Ford Motorcraft Mustang EGR Valve (86-93 5.0L) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

Kirban makes a good FPR. 1986-93 Mustang Billet Aluminum Fuel Pressure Regulator (Kp-5005) by Kirban at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

and yes I was talking about installing the FRP. There is nothing wrong with asking questions, everyone has to start somewhere.

hope this helps you

Last edited:

4valvemach

Established Member
Dude i hope i dont sound like a idiot but what is the FPR and the egr is not there deleted do to the after market manifold(Cobra) so if u could explain a little more. oh ya we are talking about the fuel pressure regulator rite on how to install it..

It is better to ask a question than to not ask and do it wrong

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread