Injector Upgrade vs Port Matched

lee4him

Established Member
Need some advice, I read a few days ago that Stegemeir will port match injectors and can even take them from, in my case, 63lb to 80+lb injectors. Cost is $170ish if I remember correctly. So, my dilemma is whether or not to go the Steg way which ensures I have matched 80+ injectors or sell my 63s and purchase 80s. Cost will equal out to about the same, give or take a few bucks.

I need the 80s as I'm fixen to run E85 this summer. I'm leaning towards the Segemeir port match; however, I'd like to get rid of the EV6 to EV1 adapters I currently have to run with the 63s. Any pros/cons would be appreciated

Teej281

Established Member
You can upgrade the 60's to like 100's, so I'd go that route and get them to flow as much as possible so you have room to grow.

cobracide

Established Member
You can sell the old injectors and recoup a lot of cash. The adapters are another point of failure and you should really get the right injectors - uscar ev6 that are flow matched. There are a few vendors out there selling flow matched sets.

Last edited:

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
Buy the FRPP 80's get rid of the 60's and adapters, then if you ever need "more room" just port injectors from there. :beer:

Digital

Established Member
Injector porting is not something I would do. That's usually called "drilling" or N-rigging them. Buy the right injector, the cost to buy flow matched 80s after you sell your 60s is going to be almost the same as the service.

GodStang

Established Member
Injector porting is not something I would do. That's usually called "drilling" or N-rigging them. Buy the right injector, the cost to buy flow matched 80s after you sell your 60s is going to be almost the same as the service.

That is what I was thinking. Wont that make it harder to control the spray at less RPMs since it is now drilled out.

Users who are viewing this thread