Injector sizes

firedog90

Established Member
What size injectors are most using with their e85 setups? I have 80lb injectors that will be maxed out on race gas so I won't be able to run e85. Has anybody switched to low impedance injectors with an injector driver? I haven't looked into this but I had a friend tell me that is what I should do. I just don't want it to take away the driveability by switching to low impedance injectors. I have looked at 2000cc injectors from Injector Dynamics but I don't really want to pay $200+ for EACH injector. Injector Dynamics - Injectors These are badass but very pricey.

Teej281

Established Member
You're going to have to. The moto "You gotta pay to play" speaks all the more truth when going for big horsepower like you are. Also, try sending off your 80lb injectors to Steigmeier. He ports injectors to increase flow and does it for like $150, including flow matching. But ID1600's might work as well. Good luck though.

GodStang

Established Member
There are plenty of high impedance injectors out there you just have to decide. I am going to run the ID2000. Skipping on fuel system is the worse thing you can do.

firedog90

Established Member
I know. I don't want to skip on the fuel system or anything for that matter. I may just have to stick with the 80lbs and race gas until I can buy the ID2000's. I have been looking at the versafueler and 120's or 160's for now then later going to the ID2000. Has anybody had any experience with the versafueler?

Teej281 I will try to contact Stiegemeier to see what they can do to the 80's. Thanks.

Last edited:

04cobrawhine

Established Member
im also looking into Id2000's. if theres enough people who want them we should contact injector dynamics and try to get a group purchase discount.

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
I am going to b running ID1000s. According to my tuner, they will work just fine with room the spare. There are a few dudes running around here with 80lbers around 700-800 hp.

GodStang

Established Member
im also looking into Id2000's. if theres enough people who want them we should contact injector dynamics and try to get a group purchase discount.

I am trying to work with Posi about selling them and maybe a group purchase.

I am going to b running ID1000s. According to my tuner, they will work just fine with room the spare. There are a few dudes running around here with 80lbers around 700-800 hp.

Yes there are at least 2 or 3 guys making 800+rwhp on E85 and 80s. I hope to be a good bit more than that.

firedog90

Established Member
I am trying to work with Posi about selling them and maybe a group purchase.

Yes there are at least 2 or 3 guys making 800+rwhp on E85 and 80s. I hope to be a good bit more than that.

A group purchase would be nice.

I'm hoping for the same. The 80s are said to max out around 850 or so. I'd need something a bit larger, especially for e85.

Janstang

Established Member
I have been looking at the versafueler and 120's or 160's for now then later going to the ID2000. Has anybody had any experience with the versafueler?
I run the Versafueler with 160lb injectors on mine. Works great and their customer service and tech guys were great to work with.

95SC

Banned
I was looking into ID2000 but they are stupid pricy. I just installed versafueler and 120's today, donotune this Saturday. I'll report back on Saturday , couple more days to go:banana:. I was reading about versafueler and 120's injectors on LS1 tech , seems like people are happy with this set up , they also idle nicely.

95SC

Banned
More to come tomorrow when tune gets finished .first pull to 5600 rpms second to 6400 rpms only , let's see what another 1000 rpms will bring us :banana:

Gotta love corn :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread