Injector question

bechyni

Established Member
Planning on getting a twin turbo setup for my 2012 5.0 and was wondering what lb injector is recommended. I'll only be running around 8PSI since I still have the stock block (for now) but I didn't know if big injectors were needed or if the stock ones would be fine. Also any fuel system upgrade recommendations would be amazing, thanks!

Mike Dj

Established Member
I would start with 60s so that will give room to grow. Kenne Bell Boost a pump or the JMS fuel pump amplifier should be the ticket for what you have planned.

helloWorld

Established Member
I was also wondering the same question, for my 2013 5.0.

I am only wanting 550 to 600 whp, because I refuse to spend money on building my engine up.

Are 47# injectors enough and a BAP?

03redfirevert.

coyote eater
Established Member
I would,nt waste money on anything less than 80's If u decide to go e-85 they will support up to 750rwhp.60's will max at 600 or so on e85.
Buy the 80's now and forget about it when time to throw more boost at it

Planning on getting a twin turbo setup for my 2012 5.0 and was wondering what lb injector is recommended. I'll only be running around 8PSI since I still have the stock block (for now) but I didn't know if big injectors were needed or if the stock ones would be fine. Also any fuel system upgrade recommendations would be amazing, thanks!

bechyni

Established Member
Thanks! Friend from around here told me to go ID1000s.

Plan was to either twin/single turbo it on low boost for a couple of months then get the engine built and do some fuel system upgrades and turn up the boost.

03redfirevert.

coyote eater
Established Member
:rollseyes I am the one that said "if"

If u decide to go e-85 they will support up to 750rwhp.60's will max at 600 or so on e85.

now get your BVD'S out of a wad:poke:

I don't see IF I run e-85. Not trying to start shit just don't want to give bad advice if I had miss read.

Last edited:

prn1972

Established Member
Just go with the I.D.1000's, most of the 11+ 5.0 guys run them, encluding myself, they are sold with a lot of blower kits for a reason, you will have plenty of room to grow when you turn the boost up or going E-85, & they are easy to tune & have great drivability

Mike Dj

Established Member
:rollseyes I am the one that said "if"

If u decide to go e-85 they will support up to 750rwhp.60's will max at 600 or so on e85.

now get your BVD'S out of a wad:poke:

03redfirevert I was looking at the other guys post by the way I go commando so no BVD wad here. LOL

Users who are viewing this thread