Injector, fuel pump questions

Twistedoffpurp

Established Member
After poking around a bit and being slightly pinched on time to look. I was wondering if anybody knew where I can get injector mapping at like size vs. HP rating, a flow chart of sorts and how far can stock fuel systems go on a 99/01 car? I want to get as technical as I can get. Any help would be much appreciated.

Twistedoffpurp

Established Member
I haven't been gone that long someone please clue us all into what equals what in the fuel department, I really think I'm going to be running out.

er22bball0302

Established Member
Sawthis in the SHM book.

Injector size(lbs/hr)-------Engine output
----19----------------------304-------
----24----------------------384-------
----39----------------------624-------
----42----------------------672-------
----83----------------------1328------
Fuel flow rates given for:
*45psi Fuel Preassure
*0.45 BSFC(brake specific fuel consumption)
*90% injector duty cycle

Twistedoffpurp

Established Member
It will be in the neighborhood of under 400 on motor for now. What about fuel pump? I am not sure, but want it there so I don't blow my 4k shortblock.

Last edited:

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
go with a GT pump and 03/04 injectors. I've done alot of searching and that is what I am going with for my FR500 build.

Twistedoffpurp

Established Member
I'm not gonna push over the 400 mark but I will be close to the neighborhood, I think? Unless I find some more free HP?

Twistedoffpurp

Established Member
Well now I got a deal on 39# injectors and MAF. So what pump should I run? SVT Focus? Aviator? 03 Cobra? I need a decent single pump cause I don't see the point in spending all the coin these guys are asking for the 03 Cobra tank/pump setup just yet.

Twistedoffpurp

Established Member
Does anyone have flow numbers on the svt focus pump and the GT pump? I think I read that the focus pump runs like 217 lph, but I haven't found flow numbers for the GT pump?

NVENEM8U

Bust'n ass since 1996
Established Member
What mods are needed to make the GT pump work right? other than the spade connectors.
From what I gather the aviator pump is all u'll need for under 400 rw on motor....I think it tops in @ 273 lph....Ebay is ur friend

Twistedoffpurp

Established Member
Aviator pumps are so much more expensive though. I just need to know what a GT pump needs to fit the factory fuel line side?

Users who are viewing this thread