****ing A pillar pod!!

cbrown9064

Established Member
Ugghhh...trying to mount my 3 gauge pod to the pillar. Got a spare oem pillar cover and mounted the autometer 3 gauge full length cover on top of it, with holes hogged out on the back side for the wires to come through. Gauges are autometer electric oil pressure, boost and Innovate MTX-L. Damn innovate has thick cables. Got everything run up and down on windshield side of pillar, as it appeared to have more room than the door side. Got the lower part in, but very difficult with the thick MTX-L cables. Tried to get the upper to snap in and the tab broke off in the car side. Ugghhh. Now I need another oem pillar cover and some of those autometer push pins.

Anyone else have a MTX-L in the pillar? How did you run the wires? All help would be appreciated!

Chris

Last edited:

98cobra#1222

that's just my game
Established Member
I do not have a MTX-L but do have a pair of speedhuts that also have rather larger plugs on the end. I could get one up but the other wasn't small enough to feed through the hole with the addition of the first gauges wires. I ended up just cutting the plug off with about two inches of wire left and just soldering it back together.

As for the push clips, you can get some at any auto parts store. Just take one of the broken ones to try and match the size up.

cbrown9064

Established Member
Thanks...the "stud" on the pillar cover is what broke...so I am sol for the next few days.

Did you run the wires on the windshield side of the door side of the pillar? I ran on the windshield side and thinking that was an error? Anyone with thoughts as to where to run the wires (which side)?

98cobra#1222

that's just my game
Established Member
Thanks...the "stud" on the pillar cover is what broke...so I am sol for the next few days.

Did you run the wires on the windshield side of the door side of the pillar? I ran on the windshield side and thinking that was an error? Anyone with thoughts as to where to run the wires (which side)?

I ran mine on the windshield side as well. There is a small opening between the dash and a pillar that allowed the wires to just drop almost straight down to the floor. Once they were down I re-attached the plug and called it a day.

As for the stud that broke, do you mean the alignment stud or the extrusion that houses the metal clips that snap to the cars a pillar. If its just the alignment stud I wouldn't sweat it. Mine broke as well but doesn't seem to have affected the mounting of the a pillar and it seems very secure.

Last edited:

cbrown9064

Established Member
Anyone have a source for a better triple pod for the A pillar? All I can find are these "covers that go on over the factory cover.

I have another used factory cover coming from eBay. Perhaps I just need to modify it more to get more wire room? Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread