Info on the 03 running 10.80's at BG

Ray Ackerman

Established Member
Spoke to Paul at http://www.paulshp.com/ this week. He was the guy running 10.80's at BG. Just thought i'll pass it along.If i remember right his MPH was 135.

Stay tuned to his site,he is working on setting up a page just for 03 "stuff"

i8u

Established Member
Hey Ray,

I was down in ft.myers for a month this summer.
I'm moving down there this summer. Maybe we can go for a cruise sometime.:beer:

Ray Ackerman

Established Member
Originally posted by i8u
Hey Ray,

I was down in ft.myers for a month this summer.
I'm moving down there this summer. Maybe we can go for a cruise sometime.:beer:

Send my an email when you get here. Cruise sounds great! What part of Ft.Myers are you moving to? I'm in San Carlos Park(S.Ft,Myers).

i8u

Established Member
Don't know yet. I was staying with friends at Mcgreggor reserve( friendship walkway) I will definetly e-mail you when I get down there. See ya around.:beer:

Ray Ackerman

Established Member
Originally posted by i8u
Don't know yet. I was staying with friends at Mcgreggor reserve( friendship walkway) I will definetly e-mail you when I get down there. See ya around.:beer:

03 will be ready to cruise!!!

Blades

Established Member
Do you know if he was spraying? :D my 03 will be down in boca in december. I have no clue where FT meyers is.. I just got down here

Fast2000L

Ford Driver
Established Member
Blades...

Yes, he was on the gas. He didn't really seem like he wanted anyone to know either. The solenoids were not in plain sight; bottle was painted black and mounted in the spare tire well. No, this is not second hand info. Saw if myself. I was really curious after I saw him run a 10.90 pass @ 133mph, when he made a 12.0x pass @ something like 118mph the evening before. After seeing that much diff. I knew there had to be more to the story, so I checked it out in the pits. That car will go much faster... he seemed to be having trouble between gears... just as others have complained about on other 03's. It bothered me that he seemed to be hiding the Spray. That is fine for street racing, but it could be misleading for some of his customers that may not know he's spraying it. BTW. Nitrous Pete Had the gas mounted in Plain sight on his 03 Cobra street car.

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
Blades...

Yes, he was on the gas. He didn't really seem like he wanted anyone to know either. The solenoids were not in plain sight; bottle was painted black and mounted in the spare tire well. No, this is not second hand info. Saw if myself. I was really curious after I saw him run a 10.90 pass @ 133mph, when he made a 12.0x pass @ something like 118mph the evening before. After seeing that much diff. I knew there had to be more to the story, so I checked it out in the pits. That car will go much faster... he seemed to be having trouble between gears... just as others have complained about on other 03's. It bothered me that he seemed to be hiding the Spray. That is fine for street racing, but it could be misleading for some of his customers that may not know he's spraying it. BTW. Nitrous Pete Had the gas mounted in Plain sight on his 03 Cobra street car.

Interesting... But I guess he wasn't trying to hide it too much since you saw it

Thanks for the info! :thumbsup:

Mac

Fast2000L

Ford Driver
Established Member
Guess your right. He could have pulled the car up in the covered trailer, closed and locked all the doors, then opened the trunk to turn off his bottle. Instead he choose to back up to his trailer, have someone block half the trunk w/ their body while he opened the trunk just enough to reach in and turn off the body. I just happened to be walking past the back of the car when he was halfway in the trunk turning off the bottle.

Last edited:

sqidd

Established Member
Who cares if Paul was on the button. The bottom line is his car went into the 10's. I would understand people getting upset if he sat there and denyed not spraying it, but I do not belive that was the case. On Tuesday I asked him on the phone how fast his car went he said 10.80's, I than asked him what his MPH was and he said 135. I could not belive it so my next question was obviously "did you spay it"? His reply was yes, but he could not get it working right.
Drag racers are entitled to there secrets, its part of the fun. It's like cheating at euchre (I may have spelled that wrong), it's part of the game. I can not see Paul misrepresenting himself, it is not in his nature. As a tuner I trust Paul unconditionally. In a sport built on bench racing (read: bu!$#!t) I think Paul is a long way from the bad guy. I have had nothing but great service from Paul. When I ask him how much HP a mod will produce he almost always quotes 75% of what it ends up being. From my expirence that is far from normal in the world of bolt-ons, where outrageous claims are the norm.
I do not intend to bash anyone here, just defend Paul.

sqidd:p

Last edited:

Blades

Established Member
I dont think it matters much if he was on the spray or not. Everyone knows that this car can do far past that. Everyone is just testing the limits! I wonder how much power hes putting down on the giggle juice?

Was anyone running a bigger blower at BG?

Ray Ackerman

Established Member
Sqidd,thanks for defending Paul! He is honest and a great guy.
He went to a 03 shoot out,with his 03 on the bottly.So what's wrong with that? I say not a damn thing!!!!!He was not there to sell anything or promote any parts/mods.He was out having fun with his 03!!!!
And like you said Sqidd,he was not happy with his times.

Fast200l,So Paul had his car half backed in to his trailer.OK...It's called being competitive!!!I don't remember see the rules,No NOS.I think he represented the 03 Cobra GREAT!!!! Thanks Paul!!

Fast2000L

Ford Driver
Established Member
I stand corrected then. Maybe he wasn’t misrepresenting his car then. I didn't stop him and talk to him because he seemed really busy when I was in his pits, though I would have liked to. The Cobra shootout was the single deciding factor in driving 950 miles each way when I don't even own one. I didn’t mean to get you guys all stirred up either. I think what Paul is doing is really good for all 03 owners. (pushing the envelope) I just thought it was a lil suspicious, the way he acted when I saw the bottle, that is what led me to believe that he may have been misrepresenting his car. I apologize if that was seen as blasting Paul. Like I said, His car has a lot left in it, and it would not surprise me, if it got in the 9s within the next month. I like his car, it ROLLS! If I had a 03, I’d most likely have the bottle on it too. I think dual power adders Kick A--. That’s also how Lightnings run 11’s w/ only about $1K in mods. Didn't mean to offend anyone, just wanted to make sure you guys were not mislead to thinking that his car DID NOT have the gas on it. I would have never posted on this subject if I didn't feel like he was hiding something... I didn't know anyone else knew he had the giggle on it. I stand corrected. Thank You sqidd

Last edited:

Mac03Cobra

Texas Lightning Rod
Established Member
I stand corrected then. Maybe he wasn’t misrepresenting his car then. I didn't stop him and talk to him because he seemed really busy when I was in his pits, though I would have liked to. The Cobra shootout was the single deciding factor in driving 950 miles each way when I don't even own one. I didn’t mean to get you guys all stirred up either. I think what Paul is doing is really good for all 03 owners. (pushing the envelope) I just thought it was a lil suspicious, the way he acted when I saw the bottle, that is what led me to believe that he may have been misrepresenting his car. I apologize if that was seen as blasting Paul. Like I said, His car has a lot left in it, and it would not surprise me, if it got in the 9s within the next month. I like his car, it ROLLS! If I had a 03, I’d most likely have the bottle on it too. I think dual power adders Kicks A--. That’s also how Lightnings run 11’s w/ only about $1K in mods. Didn't mean to offend anyone, just wanted to make sure you guys were not mislead to thinking that his car DID NOT have the gas on it. I would have never posted on this subject if I didn't feel like he was hiding something... I didn't know anyone else knew he had the giggle on it. I stand corrected. Thank You sqidd

Fast2000L, Don't apologize for your post. You spoke your opinion and there were others that had the same amount of compassion as you on their thoughts, just different.

I don't know Paul, and I don't think any less of him or his business because of what you wrote. It's actually cool if he was trying to keep a little quiet about the juggle juice. I would probably do the same. There's a saying about having to pay the price for admission to the show.

Hang tough and speak your opinion when warranted. No one wants a bunch of wall flowers on these boards. Keep it exciting, but with respect and consideration.

Mac

Last edited:

ALLNTRL

Established Member
I am a long time customer of Paul's and a good friend of his. I was at BG and hung out with the PHP crew for most of the weekend. Paul was spraying the car but he wasn't hiding it, the announcer in the tower told everybody over the loud speaker that his car was on the bottle. So it shouldn't have been unknown to anyone. For the record, Paul's car has gone 11.17 WITHOUT the juice!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: The Nitrous set-up he was using was a Prototype Venom kit. It was set-up for a very small shot just used more for the cooling effect than really trying to use it as an extra power adder. Paul put the car together in just a couple of weeks and until BG had never even tried the Nitrous. Give him a few more month's to play with the tune and he will be the first 03' in the 9's as well. Hope that helped answer a few questions.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by ALLNTRL
I am a long time customer of Paul's and a good friend of his. I was at BG and hung out with the PHP crew for most of the weekend. Paul was spraying the car but he wasn't hiding it, the announcer in the tower told everybody over the loud speaker that his car was on the bottle. So it shouldn't have been unknown to anyone. For the record, Paul's car has gone 11.17 WITHOUT the juice!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: The Nitrous set-up he was using was a Prototype Venom kit. It was set-up for a very small shot just used more for the cooling effect than really trying to use it as an extra power adder. Paul put the car together in just a couple of weeks and until BG had never even tried the Nitrous. Give him a few more month's to play with the tune and he will be the first 03' in the 9's as well. Hope that helped answer a few questions.
When's he going to update his site with all these cool go-fast goodies?:burnout:

Ray Ackerman

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
When's he going to update his site with all these cool go-fast goodies?:burnout:

Soon,He was meeting we the guy that handles his site this week.So it's in the works.

Users who are viewing this thread