Info installing a EGR delete plate

droptop01svt

Can anyone give me a lil info on how much work to install my egr delete plate on my 01 4 valve cobra, exactly what to do with the vacuum line and what kinda work is it to remove the pipe to exhaust.

Sent from my XT1080 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RX1Cobra

Established Member
You have to remove the pipe to the exhaust from inside the fender. Kind of a pain but not horrible if it isn't rusted in place. 1 1/16 wrench I think? Check that before you buy one...

But the real question is why are you removing it? To clean up the engine? You won't see any performance gain from it.

droptop01svt

You have to remove the pipe to the exhaust from inside the fender. Kind of a pain but not horrible if it isn't rusted in place. 1 1/16 wrench I think? Check that before you buy one...

But the real question is why are you removing it? To clean up the engine? You won't see any performance gain from it.
Thank you ,not exactly following what you mean inside the fender,it's not rusted but yes wanna clean the intake up here a pic of my motot
2def5bb89b2dcdb180928c39e9a58ce0.jpg

Sent from my XT1080 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

RX1Cobra

Established Member
When I changed mine (the pipe to the manifolds) I took off the drivers side wheel. Once you're in there you'll see where it bolts to the exhaust manifold. You can just barely sneak a wrench onto the nut. It'll make sense once you pull the tire and look in the wheel well.

Can't help with deleting it. I just changed mine to the 03 version when I added my Eaton but kept the EGR in place and working.

01yellercobra

Established Member
You'll also need a cap for the manifold. I want to say it was a 5/8". I got mine at Lowe's. I cut and capped the vacuum line on mine behind the intake. That way nothing was poking through. I tucked the plug under the harness. Don't forget to have the EGR turned off in the tune.

BigFatMatt

Ain't never gonna change
Established Member
You'll get a check engine light.... but it's OK to drive the car to the tuner. The computer will know the EGR isn't working so it shuts it off, but it will throw a code until it's turned off in the tune.

I don't see any real downside to deleting it as long as you have a way to pass inspection. No one wants that nasty stuff in their motor.

Joshdaboss1994

I'm in the process of removing the egr myself on my 99 cobra and need to know what the module on the back of the intake manifold hooks up to and how to remove it.

Users who are viewing this thread