infinity 8 ems and installed

Darufe

Established Member
trying to see where/how i can make sure the cam sensors are working properly

how and where i could check for misfires

check if any of the injectors/coils arent getting the proper signals

running the base coyote timing map for now
have adjusted the target lambdas (pretty much only for idle to 2k rpm since it hasnt been outside yet or on a dyno)

im thinking i should get a sniffer in the tailpipe just to confirm the widebands are seing the right data (they seem to be working fine but i wanna make sure the overly rich situation i had at first and prelube getting burned out the tailpipe didnt clog em up just enough to skew the data.

i have 5 gunked up pistons when i look down the spark plug holes (brand new motor thats only been fired up a few times) but it did run very rich for a little bit due to a power loss with the engine running not saving my previous modifications (triple pumps where pulling more amps then the alternator was supplying eventually killing everything before the EMS could save settings wich reverted the injectors to 330cc vs 1000cc effectively tripling the injector duty cycle)
pulled the coil packs and started testing them one was completely dead (open circuit between primary and secondary when others where sitting a 12.6 mega ohms)
and 2 of them where knda hit and miss when checking.

would explain the one cylinder clean as new with the nice shiny red mmr piston coating and 2 semi gunked up

still have to find out why the hell im only showing about 75 kpa map at idle.
gotta make/borrow a smoke tester and see where the hell the vacuum leaks are.

Users who are viewing this thread