Infiniti G37s vs. 2006 GTO

Ls2BluGoat

200,000 mile club
Established Member
Came back from Karting in the Orlando area and my bud and I were on our way home. Played with a red s2k and what seemed to be a stock B7 audi s4. Took the audi down with no ease and the s2k just didn't want to line up.

However at the next red light, I see a red G37s coupe, lowered on black rims. Looked very clean but didn’t think much of it since I very rarely get these cars to run with me in the past; if at all. But the devil inside of me told me that something about this car was different, so I took hard off at this light to see if he would take the bait. At the next light, I hadn't seen him, so I figured he turned off. A bit of a bummer considering this particular stretch of road was about 3 lanes open and had no other cars in sight.

Well, I guess I'd thought too quickly because before I knew it, (he was in the 3rd lane over; I was in the first and there was an F150 pickup blocking him), he hit it hard. I gradually took off from this light, so I wasn't able to get a good takeoff but I followed suit. Unfortunately, I hit it when he was already a good half a car length ahead. And it stayed that way until about 125 mph where I was slowly (and I mean slowly) starting to reel him in, and that's when he let off. The outcome was unusual, since I took down a black G37s @ OSW when my car was bone stock.. but hey? a loss is a loss.

His car didn't sound modded at all, going off by just the exhaust alone, but then again.. he could've had an intake and tune without me knowing. Do I think those mods alone are enough to stay a good half a car length ahead? No, so I'm a little confused.

My car was recently de-modded and parts were sold so it's now back to its stock form. But will be modded again when time allows. Maybe a H/C/I in the future.. i don't know.

Feelsbadman.jpg..

Cliffs: long straight away with no other cars. Gradually took off, so did he but then he got on it, followed suit.. and got me by half a car length at around 125 mph and that's when he let off.

Wildman113

Established Member
Came back from Karting in the Orlando area and my bud and I were on our way home. Played with a red s2k and what seemed to be a stock B7 audi s4. Took the audi down with no ease and the s2k just didn't want to line up.

However at the next red light, I see a red G37s coupe, lowered on black rims. Looked very clean but didn’t think much of it since I very rarely get these cars to run with me in the past; if at all. But the devil inside of me told me that something about this car was different, so I took hard off at this light to see if he would take the bait. At the next light, I hadn't seen him, so I figured he turned off. A bit of a bummer considering this particular stretch of road was about 3 lanes open and had no other cars in sight.

Well, I guess I'd thought too quickly because before I knew it, (he was in the 3rd lane over; I was in the first and there was an F150 pickup blocking him), he hit it hard. I gradually took off from this light, so I wasn't able to get a good takeoff but I followed suit. Unfortunately, I hit it when he was already a good half a car length ahead. And it stayed that way until about 125 mph where I was slowly (and I mean slowly) starting to reel him in, and that's when he let off. The outcome was unusual, since I took down a black G37s @ OSW when my car was bone stock.. but hey? a loss is a loss.

His car didn't sound modded at all, going off by just the exhaust alone, but then again.. he could've had an intake and tune without me knowing. Do I think those mods alone are enough to stay a good half a car length ahead? No, so I'm a little confused.

My car was recently de-modded and parts were sold so it's now back to its stock form. But will be modded again when time allows. Maybe a H/C/I in the future.. i don't know.

Feelsbadman.jpg..

Cliffs: long straight away with no other cars. Gradually took off, so did he but then he got on it, followed suit.. and got me by half a car length at around 125 mph and that's when he let off.

An intake/tune G37 won't even come close to hanging with an LS2 GTO.

He had to be boosted to run like that, those VQ motors are worthless regardless of whether they are stock or bolt on.

badws6ta

God hates us all
Established Member

Feelsbadman.jpg..

I could see it if you are stock untuned A4 LS2 and he got the jump on you. What are your mods? A4 or M6?

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Fun fact, the sedans are quicker than the coupes. (something like 80-100lbs lighter)

4valved

Banned
The vqde first gens weren't super quick but the vqhr motors are nice as well as the 3.7 ones they are fast cars its a 370z..... With back seats

Devil_Z

Established Member
Theres a G37 or 370z can't remember which right now, that is normally parked next to me with a license plate that says "AHDOFU" or something of the likes. Makes me laugh everytime I see it.

Unfortunately, I've never gotten the chance to get him driving next to me, so I show him he needs a new license plate.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
I hope so, he's probably thinking of the G35

It's very possible, G37's trap 105-107 and so do most GTO's, I mean I've seen a few LS2 GTO's trap 109 110 but it's rare.
No, try more like 101-103. 105-107 seem pretty high, I think a 370z would be the one getting close to those trap speeds.

If O.P was an A4 then it probably made sense, maybe was also in a bad gear. By 128, i would've think that O.P would pass him. The VQ's run out of steam up top from my experience. Maybe slightly modded with tune? :shrug: Regardless, good death O.P

Ls2BluGoat

200,000 mile club
Established Member
An intake/tune G37 won't even come close to hanging with an LS2 GTO.

He had to be boosted to run like that, those VQ motors are worthless regardless of whether they are stock or bolt on.

That was my first thought when he passed me like the way he did, but I stopped his pull QUICK so that led me to believe that he wasn't. I've test driven one and it was a fun, high revving car but it was missing something. Torque maybe? :D

I could see it if you are stock untuned A4 LS2 and he got the jump on you. What are your mods? A4 or M6?

Bingo. Back to is stock form. Untuned and it's an A4.

He was prolly stock, maybe intake, and a good driver.

If he wasn't paddle shifting and was using the 6MT, then he must've had the driver mod. Which is unusual, especially here in the streets of Orlando lol. The track here is a different story, sometimes. Anything can happen in the streets I guess. :shrug:

Fun fact, the sedans are quicker than the coupes. (something like 80-100lbs lighter)

I can vouch for this. Had a friend from Atlanta run a best of a 12.6 with bolt-ons and an aggressive tune. Stout cars for sure.

No, try more like 101-103. 105-107 seem pretty high, I think a 370z would be the one getting close to those trap speeds.

If O.P was an A4 then it probably made sense, maybe was also in a bad gear. By 128, i would've think that O.P would pass him. The VQ's run out of steam up top from my experience. Maybe slightly modded with tune? :shrug: Regardless, good death O.P

Thanks. My best was a 13.01 @ 108 on a very cold day here in Florida. This was a good year after I bought the car and that time was ran 6 years ago. Never ran the same time since..

I believe I was in the first gear @ about 25 mph when I punched it. And yes, if there wasn't a car in my lane and I would've been able to pass him top end. Man this is really irking me... If only this occurred when my car was a full bolton car..

Wildman113

Established Member
I hope so, he's probably thinking of the G35

It's very possible, G37's trap 105-107 and so do most GTO's, I mean I've seen a few LS2 GTO's trap 109 110 but it's rare.

Considering a 370Z/G37 is about dead even with a 4.6 3V Mustang, you aren't running down any LS2 GTOs in one.

badws6ta

God hates us all
Established Member
Considering a 370Z/G37 is about dead even with a 4.6 3V Mustang, you aren't running down any LS2 GTOs in one.

OP stated he is an auto and that the G37 got the jump. It didn't run him down. If the cars are fairly close, which they are; it's hard to recover when someone gets the jump on you.

Auto untuned GTOs are dogs, I know I had one.

Last edited:

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
OP stated he is an auto and that the G37 got the jump. It didn't run him down. If the cars are fairly close, which they are; it's hard to recover when someone gets the jump on you.

Auto untuned GTOs are dogs, I know I had one.

Agreed. 13.5 @ 103. I know for a fact.:beer:

kaz109

Established Member
G37's are damn nice cars. Decently quick but wouldn't expect it to keep up with a 6.0L V8 ...very interesting

Users who are viewing this thread