Iner Belt Swap

2face

Established Member
hello i have to change the inner belt on the 02 lightning it looks like the same set up on my 04 cobra is this going to be a b...h to do?i know the cobra was. looks like the cage has to be removed and the upper bracket for the idlers.any suggestions or tricks of the trade?thanks guys:bash:

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
hello i have to change the inner belt on the 02 lightning it looks like the same set up on my 04 cobra is this going to be a b...h to do?i know the cobra was. looks like the cage has to be removed and the upper bracket for the idlers.any suggestions or tricks of the trade?thanks guys:bash:

yup the idler bracket and the lower pulley cage have to come off..

other then that its the same as any other belt

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
I was able to change mine without having to take the idler bracket off. I have a interchangeable lower pulley and I don't remember taking that off either....

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
You can change with idler bracket on....

after compressing the tensioner and pulling the belt of, removing the lower caged assembly, there is enough room to squeeze the belt between the alt pulley and the back side of the idler bracket for the SC.....

Gates k080990 belt or Gatorback 4080990 the belt is 99 in and 8 rib

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
RI huh?? Where abouts.............. and to stay on track if its the stock lower and or the JDM caged unit yes it has to come off

Dbl G

Develop-Mental
Established Member
You can change with idler bracket on....

after compressing the tensioner and pulling the belt of, removing the lower caged assembly, there is enough room to squeeze the belt between the alt pulley and the back side of the idler bracket for the SC.....

Gates k080990 belt or Gatorback 4080990 the belt is 99 in and 8 rib

Absolutely...+

Users who are viewing this thread