Indiana 80/94 statey trunk lid trick

Unoid

Established Member
Anyone seen this? Saw a sedan on left side of the highway. the trunk was up so it looked like any normal car. But I notice it was a policeman in his cruiser with his radar gun.

Seems quite entrapping legit or not.

Unoid

Established Member
How the **** is that entrapment?

Trying to fool people. Otherwise everyone would have slowed down and driven as they should at a sight of a state trooper.

I compared to it being "entrapping" I didn't state that it was clearly entrapment.
This ain't smackdown. so relax with your random comments

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Trying to fool people. Otherwise everyone would have slowed down and driven as they should at a sight of a state trooper.

I compared to it being "entrapping" I didn't state that it was clearly entrapment.

You should really look up the definition of entrapment. The United States Supreme Court has held on numerous occasions and still holds that the police may use tricks and deception as long as officer dont lie about the law.

Here, they set up on the side of the road as road workers, and they have a guy sitting on the bed of a truck looking through was looks like a surveying transit, but in fact it is lidar.

GT_Jim

Established Member
By nature any time i see a vehicle on the side of the road i slow down and move over. Ever since Indiana couldn't afford the Camaro squad anymore they have come up with other ways to catch unaware speeders.

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
My Dad used that same trunklid trick when he was a State Trooper working the toll road in the mid 70's. He says it was pretty effective.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member

Wow. People lie to the cops, why shouldn't they be able to do be slick?

TJSwoboda

Established Member
Yep, the police owe you a fair chance to evade detection if you're breaking the law. Makes perfect sense. Or not...

But on a lighter note:
Rules.jpg

Last edited:

STG

Banned
Step 1.: Wet a paper towel with water.

Step 2.: Drape wet paper towel over a patrol car's headlight.

Step. 3.: Sneak up behind unsuspecting dolt speeder.

Step 4.: If dolt looks in rear view, he will see a car with a misadjusted headlight.

Step 5.: Pace until speed is obtained.

Step 6.: By the time officer finishes writing ticket, towel has dried and blown away.

mkb116

Established Member

Thats the dumbest, funniest thing I have read in a while, that made me laugh.

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
Sounds to me like he is just doing his job and being creative to get it done. Remember you aren't supposed to speed and he is supposed to catch you when you do.

Years ago in South Carolina on I95, I passed a pickup truck on it's jack with the wheel off. In the cab was a policeman shooting radar and a group of his friends were about a half mile down the road waiting. Sneaky... yes, but I'm sure it worked.

9cobra4

Chickennoodlesoup.
Established Member
Step 1.: Wet a paper towel with water.

Step 2.: Drape wet paper towel over a patrol car's headlight.

Step. 3.: Sneak up behind unsuspecting dolt speeder.

Step 4.: If dolt looks in rear view, he will see a car with a misadjusted headlight.

Step 5.: Pace until speed is obtained.

Step 6.: By the time officer finishes writing ticket, towel has dried and blown away.

ha that would so work on me, everytime a car comes up behind me at night i usually check for crown vic/ charger style headlights but wont bother if the headlights look jacked up:eek:...soo uhh thanks for that haha

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Anyone seen this? Saw a sedan on left side of the highway. the trunk was up so it looked like any normal car. But I notice it was a policeman in his cruiser with his radar gun.

Seems quite entrapping legit or not.

It's only entrapment if the authorities lied to you, in order to force or entice you to commit the illegal act.

The cop with his trunk lid up is forcing NO ONE to speed. And no, being unaware that there is a cop present, when there is one, is NOT an "enticement" for you to speed.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
It's only entrapment if the authorities lied to you, in order to force or entice you to commit the illegal act.

The cop with his trunk lid up is forcing NO ONE to speed. And no, being unaware that there is a cop present, when there is one, is NOT an "enticement" for you to speed.

Entrapment occurs when the police or their agent induce you to commit an act you had no propensity to commit. Lying is permissible (such as they telling you they arent police officers).

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Entrapment occurs when the police or their agent induce you to commit an act you had no propensity to commit. Lying is permissible (such as they telling you they arent police officers).

I should have framed that better. I knew about the "lying" as a matter of course of an investigation. I just meant it in a situation say [as ridiculous as my example might sound], an officer lies to you and tells you that your house is on fire down the street, then arrests you for speeding afterwards. I meant that kind of lie.

But yeah, you're right. Lying is a matter of course. Prostitution stings targeting Johns would never happen otherwise.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
I should have framed that better. I knew about the "lying" as a matter of course of an investigation. I just meant it in a situation say [as ridiculous as my example might sound], an officer lies to you and tells you that your house is on fire down the street, then arrests you for speeding afterwards. I meant that kind of lie.

But yeah, you're right. Lying is a matter of course. Prostitution stings targeting Johns would never happen otherwise.

Telling you that your house is on fire the likely inference is not that it would induce someone to speed.

The lie would have to be based in law, such I want you to drive at 100 mph and if you do so right now, I wont arrest you. The lie being related to the law, that he wont be arrested.

Users who are viewing this thread