Incon TT kit on DOHC?

chknhwk

Anybody on here have one? I found a guy with one for sale sans turbo cartridges, oil lines and aftercooler shroud.
This thing is going for cheap but I'm trying to determine if it would be worth it monetarily? Rara says the turbos would cost me $2300 a piece but I think with a little shopping they could be had for less. Any TT kit for a DOHC is $8k to $10k now.
I don't like the looks of the kit - nothing like the Induction Concepts or even the X2C single kit. Anybody with any input here?

lxtacy

Regarding Incon, I'd be careful since Incon is out of business. Parts might be hard to get in the event you have trouble.

sswhat

Established Member
i saw it on turbomustangs.com and your gonna need close to 2k more for everything ,suspension its a nice kit i was thinkin about buying it but i don't wanna go broke

chknhwk

I had already planned on full Griggs anyway - just get the Incon specific Griggs. Plus they use the GT35bb turbos which I think would SCREAM on a DOHC...

I dunno.

Jay@Lamotta

Established Member
We have two at the shop using alot of parts from the incon kit. The 01 cobra is the street car of the two it has made 650whp@16psi @5300rpm and 620whp@12psi@7000 or so... Ported heads/intake, stock ecm with superchip, stock lines and rails,03 fuelpumps, 2.5 in off road with dynomax 2.5 cat back.We need to get a bigger exhaust to run the higher boost levels. What ever hassles you could go through to get one of these kits it would be well worth it. It is still far better than any fab kit on the market. It drives/makes power like the car you allways wanted! It comes alive like a silverback on coke!!!

drewkeen

SVT
Established Member
8k-10k for a turbo kit???

i would just buy a olf fox stang, drop in a 351 with 2 IHI turbos on it (forgot the specific model number) and call it a day. oh and spend the extra 4k-5k on a blower and internals.

Users who are viewing this thread