In what order...

big dad

Established Member
I was in the mancave yesterday swilling wine and thinking about 03-04 Cobras that are for sale and wondered in what particular order would anyone consider the importance of purchasing one based on the asking price.

For instance, here are mine:
1. Mileage
2.Condition
3.One owner
4.Mods
5.Color

That's all I could think of, if there are anymore criteria that I missed feel free to add to the list.

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
When I bought my car I wanted to buy a one owner that was real important cause you know they know everything about the car. Plus you know the condition is legit, if someone just owns it a few months or a year, they may not have caused any cosmetic damage but who knows. I wanted a sonic blue or black, had to be clean, and mileage around 30k. Mods I didn't really care, I had plenty of ideas, but if you could find one setup the way you want its way cheaper than building it.

1. one owner
2. Conditon
3. Color
4. Mileage
5. Mods

big dad

Established Member
When I bought my car I wanted to buy a one owner that was real important cause you know they know everything about the car. Plus you know the condition is legit, if someone just owns it a few months or a year, they may not have caused any cosmetic damage but who knows. I wanted a sonic blue or black, had to be clean, and mileage around 30k. Mods I didn't really care, I had plenty of ideas, but if you could find one setup the way you want its way cheaper than building it.

1. one owner
2. Conditon
3. Color
4. Mileage
5. Mods

You make a valid point about one owners, I thought about that being at the top of the list but mileage came first. Thanks for your input.

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
You make a valid point about one owners, I thought about that being at the top of the list but mileage came first. Thanks for your input.

I passed up a clean 04 with 16k miles, because I was gonna be owner number 8. This car was close by, and I really liked the seller but it just scared me. The car sold and was right back up for sale 2 months later. Everyone will be different, price starts playing a factor as lower mileage cars yield more money.

mfrazier2

Engineers lead the way!
Established Member
For me it would be:
1.Condition
2.Mileage
3.Mods
4.Owners
5. Colors (unless its yellow, orange or some crazy color)

They're hard to come by in my part of the country so i couldnt be too picky. But at the same time you need to take your time and research the car to make sure you're getting the best deal.

Woody6799

Established Member
I was in the mancave yesterday swilling wine and thinking about 03-04 Cobras that are for sale and wondered in what particular order would anyone consider the importance of purchasing one based on the asking price.

For instance, here are mine:
1. Mileage
2.Condition
3.One owner
4.Mods
5.Color

That's all I could think of, if there are anymore criteria that I missed feel free to add to the list.

Thats how I read it.

Users who are viewing this thread