In the market AGAIN but I am worried about the Terminator market.

finaliize

Established Member
I sold my Terminator last March of 2012 and I still regret it (as most do lol) and decided I want to buy another one this year. Problem is.. with the cars being pretty much 10 years old now, finding a place to finance is getting close to impossible. I won't even be entertaining the thought of being in one until close to the end of the year but i'm just curious what you guys think.

Is the market for 03-04's in trouble? I always have this anxiety that all the good, low mileage Termi's will be gone by the end of the year when I am ready to look, lol. I've been entertaining the thought of a KB this time but see that sellers are still asking upwards of 26,000 for them?

VNMUS03

Established Member
Same problem I had bud, I'm actually helping my friend find one now. It's a pain and difficult to fine one in a dealer now a days.

usmcsvtwannabe

Not a noob
Established Member
Honestly they come and go, I convinced one of my friends to get one and he found one with 20k miles for 23k with allot of extras, the deals come and go. You just have to monitor the marketplace from day to day

finaliize

Established Member
One thing I haven't decided yet, is that I am also interested in a 2012 or newer 5.0

my problem, like most cobra enthusiasts, is weighing the pros and cons of each, as well as the price difference

BearsFTW18

Established Member
you can get a cobra at Hi-End Auto. Members have said great things about them and they finance up to 72 months I believe.

Davey07

Established Member
From my experience , try a few credit unions . I found a local credit union that would finance 115% percent of the kbb retail . With very good interest rates , where as the bank I go thru doesn't even have it as a option in the drop down menu filling out the application

finaliize

Established Member
I financed my 03 threw my credit union a year ago. Credit unions are your best bet. Their is also Cosmo Motors on the east coast if you choose to go threw a dealer that usually has several to choose from.

I financed my first Terminator through Achieva down here. I think I had a 4 or 5 year loan and I paid it off in under a year. I also have my current vehicle financed from them. So I think when I pay this car off and go for a 3rd loan with them I should be good, i'm just worried about how far back they will go for loans on older cars.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Like others said credit union all the way. They let me add a couple grand to my loan last year. Needed tranny funds. And they said my credit was better so they lowered it from 5.95 to 4.49! And that's not shabby for a 10 year old car!

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Only way I would buy another cobra is all cash. Like you said it's going to be hard to finance a 10+ year old car.

gwalker

Established Member
Yep credit unions are a great place to look. I just bought mine in dec and got 2.49% for 60 month. And the retail value they gave it was over $25k for 03 vert with 20k

BladeX10

Established Member
Yeah, Its going to be ALOT harder to finance a 11 year old Mustang now. Some people get lucky but its only going to get worse as each year passes. Only way ill buy one now is cash ive saved up. Ill wait for the market to adjust to the changes before i pull the trigger on one.

SVT-FI$H2088

Fi$hmeister
Established Member
Have mine financed right now through my credit union. 6% APR for 72 months. So you should be able to get one no prob though one if u have good credit. Good luck bud.

matt87

Established Member
i wouldnt worry about financing or finding a low mile car. still amazes me how many ultra low mile cars still turn up for sale.

JRS03

Whipple FTW!!!!
Established Member
you can get a cobra at Hi-End Auto. Members have said great things about them and they finance up to 72 months I believe.

A buddy of mine has bought 3 cobras from them. They can have 20 low/high mileage cobras at any given time, reasonable pricing too.

supraman1990

Established Member
I financed my first Terminator through Achieva down here. I think I had a 4 or 5 year loan and I paid it off in under a year. I also have my current vehicle financed from them. So I think when I pay this car off and go for a 3rd loan with them I should be good, i'm just worried about how far back they will go for loans on older cars.
My CU financed my 1992 Supra I had briefly a few months before I bought the terminator with NO issues. They even gave me way more than cost and I paid off a few credit cards with the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread