In the hunt for a 2011+ GT.. Few questions..

Stephen4036

Established Member
I was wondering if anyone had any links to a thread on a break down of the certain packages, ie delux, premium, etc..

I also have no idea what models come with what, for instance sync, the nicer wheels and certain fog light/grill options..

My 2nd question would be on how the manuals and automatics are holding up.. I would prefer a manual but I've heard some rumors on the M6 having issues... If anyone has had previous experience with either the auto or manual please chime in..

Thank you for any advice and information you may have in advance, thank you!

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Buy a 2012 automatic put a circle d converter in it and a paxton , and your running in the 10's in the quarter mile!

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
My manual is holding good and autos are faster and stronger. As far as trims and packages go you have to look around and get what you like. The only one that has a different grill and fog lights is the gt/vs and the boss 302.

RC-5.0

Established Member
TT Mustang at Power by the Hour and tuned by Lund ran 200+MPH in the Texas Mile and has nothing in their Auto but a converter. INCREDIBLE Tranny!! I remember when I first got mine in 2010 I was getting flamed like crazy for spending a grand more on the Auto. I have the last laugh :banana:

Cant wait to get my Roush TVS in there!!:dancenana:

RC

ViciousJay

Established Member
Manual for dd, auto for track car. The Manuals with a mgw, spring assist removed, braided clutch line with dot4 swapped is damn perfect. Don't be scared away from a manual

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
tvs are fine on the heat. if you upgrade the heat exchanger you wont have a single issue on hot days....
also you can run 9s on drag radials.

Last edited:

GT915

Established Member
I know a lot of people really dig the A6, and they are definitely the hot ticket on the strip. For me though...I couldn't imagine owing a car like this without a manual. True enough...mine makes odd noises from time to time but it never grinds or locks me out of any gear and I've no mods to it at all. I can even bang off redline shifts with no drama at all.

burke985

Established Member
If your driving miss daisy then get an auto , if you want a real sports car then get a manual

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I ordered a 2014 GT with the auto. No way I would buy the MT82 Getrag 6 speed manual. For the first time in life, I can say that the auto transmission in a Mustang is better than the stick. The auto can handle insane levels of power stock, unlike the manual. With my plans of adding a twin turbo to this car, buying the manual would have been a mistake due to the power levels I plan to achieve.

Last edited:

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
I ordered a 2014 GT with the auto. No way I would buy the MT82 Getrag 6 speed manual. For the first time in life, I can say that the auto transmission in a Mustang is better than the stick. The auto can handle insane levels of power stock, unlike the manual. With my plans of adding a twin turbo to this car, buying the manual would have been a mistake due to the power levels I plan to achieve.

I somewhat agree with you, However my manual trans is giving me no problems at all. A little notchy when cold but I still have the stock fluid in there. I have a procharger and have over 600rwhp. Some get bad transmissions and some dont.

There are still auto cars that have problems too.

Users who are viewing this thread