In the home stretch now (Pics)

CobraCraig

Established Member
Just wanted to drop a few pics of the car. It has been a 9 month project so far but it is slowly coming together. Thanks to everybody for the help along the way.

BobsPics17.jpg

InteriorPass.jpg

CobraSeats.jpg

Nomappockets.jpg

BobsPics29.jpg

BobsPics8.jpg

BobsPics21.jpg

BobsPics22.jpg

Last edited:

carguy19

Established Member
Looking good man, I like the hood.

I'd paint the mirrors and wiper cowl if I were you. Thats my 2c tho. ;)

CobraCraig

Established Member
carguy19 said:
Looking good man, I like the hood.

I'd paint the mirrors and wiper cowl if I were you. Thats my 2c tho. ;)

Yep mirrors are going red and the molding and quarter windows are getting touched up on satin black. I still have probably another 100 hours total left in the project.

CobraCraig

Established Member
tunedin302 said:
Looks good ... what kind of condition when you started??

Condition really wasnt that bad, but we put in all new engine, tranny, suspension, paint & body, interior. Plus I am very anal so that didnt speed things up.

carguy19

Established Member
LEE93COBRA said:
oh man. don't paint the mirrors or the cowl vent red. that just doesn't look right

Everyone has their own preferences, most people like the look of the painted mirrors and cowl. With a red or teal car it looks likeford just forgot some parts when they painted the car.

CobraCraig

Established Member
Big Ben said:
Very, very nice and clean. Interior looks awesome, especially the seats.

Is the "Cobra" near the door sils custom?

I ordered them from 5.0 resto and then painted the letters silver.

CobraCraig

Established Member
carguy19 said:
Everyone has their own preferences, most people like the look of the painted mirrors and cowl. With a red or teal car it looks likeford just forgot some parts when they painted the car.

I dont plan on painting the cowl (except to re-finish it in black) and I think the painted mirrors can look very clean, so I am going that route. Thanks for the input everybody.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
I've never liked painted mirrors on fox's, but I've never seen painted ones on a red '93 cobra. I'm considering red, because my mirrors need refinishing, so when you do paint them, post them up so I can see how they look.

buddha93

Established Member
F'ing sweet. I wish my paint looked that good. Of course then I'd have to be even more careful around it. What did you end up doing to the motor?

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
The body colored mirrors on a foxbody just doesn't look right. All the door trim is black and the mirror blends in with it. With it painted red it will look like some "ricer" took a spray can to the car....its just doesn't match, makes the mirror stick out like a sore thumb.

Are you going to have the rear seat recovered to match the front seats?
I would not ruin the oem black seats... just buy another set of cheap LX seats. Someone would prob. give you a set of red sets to recover.

Users who are viewing this thread