In Storage?

POINTCOVER

Established Member
My 03 Cobra coupe was due in at the dealership the week of 8/5. I just found out a few days about (through VOPC and my dealer) that they are not shipping anymore Cobras until a few "problems" are solved. My Cobra was built, release to the convoy carrier, and then "placed in storage" pending the "fix". The VOPC guy told me they are holding approximately 150 Cobras. I'm assuming this is the vibration problem they are addressing. SVT will not confirm nor deny this. They simply stated its a "quality control issue".

In a way I'm glad they are taking care of these problems. But man I'm seriously hurting to get my car!!! :cryying:

FLBuckeye

Established Member
ETA week of 8/12:
Why do I feel like I'm getting quarantined for TB or meningitis or worse yet AIDS??
Or better yet turn your head to the side and COUGH ...
HAHAHA
So close ...........
I guess ALL those calls from other 03 Cobras , VIbe & Pull finally made some impact .... (assuming the quality hold is legit)
I don't mind waiting , but I had planned to Fly to Ohio to get the car next week....hopefully I can still plan on my original plan (one-week after the ETA WEEK of 8/12) to get the behemoth of "mythical" proportions S/C 2003 Cobra....HAHHAA
So close.........
I can see them now.........getting to 80 mph to see if there's a vibe........and if YES then scratching their heads...
HAHAHA J/K Hopefully !!
:coolman: :coolman:

rotorhed

Established Member
7/29 CANX

Our Coupe was ordered in early May with 7/26, 29 and 30 build dates all cancelled. No new updates on VOPC. Rumor I heard is there is an "engine shortage"......:shrug:

FL Cobra03

Established Member
I just got a call from my salesguy "Stan the man" and he said that my Black vert will be here next Monday. Hopefully that's true and mine escaped the QA hold.

Good luck with yours.

bborder

Established Member
I called SVT just now, as my cobra is supposed to be delivered 8/19, and asked them about any "hold" and the guy said there was nothing that he was aware of. Now I'm not familiar with the VOPC that you all are referring to, but is that another department within SVT that would have more info? How can I track my car?

IRON MACHINE

Established Member
I've had my car for a month and have no vibration. In fact, I have had no problems at all (knock on wood). I'm beginning to wonder if there's something wrong with my car, as there seems to be nothing wrong with it.

dmreitz

Established Member
Lansing, IL (Chi. Suburb on Indiana border)
Originally posted by IRON MACHINE
I've had my car for a month and have no vibration. In fact, I have had no problems at all (knock on wood). I'm beginning to wonder if there's something wrong with my car, as there seems to be nothing wrong with it.

BWAAAHAHAHAHA... sometimes I read some of these posts and that's how I feel!!! My car's been awesome so far! I got it a week ago and other than a small bubble in the paint on the right front fender (which is getting taken care of), there have been no issues...

If there is actually a hold on some of the cars (and it's not just certain dealers giving a line of crap), I wonder if a recall on certain parts is soon to follow(???)...

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
Thats why I am glad to get the 2nd run, I don't mind waiting as long as the car runs great when it gets here. plus it will give me more time to save up some more money for mods.

Toxicsnake

Established Member
Quality Control Woes

OK guys, finally found my car...It took me all of 10 minutes to find it via a live person on VOPC line, while my dealer is still mystified on how to even track it. The nice lady at VOPC called down to the ramp and was told in less than 5 minutes where the car was...on the lot with the other 143 snakes. Heard back from Ford within 5 minutes and they indicated that the delivery date is TBD at this time. Thanks Pointcover for the heads-up, without that, I wouldn't have called VOPC to speak with a real live person.

For anyone else who might be "missing" their car, this probably what has happend to yours as well.

Jon

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Re: 7/29 CANX

Originally posted by rotorhed
Our Coupe was ordered in early May with 7/26, 29 and 30 build dates all cancelled. No new updates on VOPC. Rumor I heard is there is an "engine shortage"......:shrug:
Coupe "Produced" week of 8/5 was "Released to Convoy", 8/12. Should be here next week.

Just my recent experience...

Good Luck

03DOHC

Established Member
Re: Re: 7/29 CANX

Originally posted by Blue98Cobra
Coupe "Produced" week of 8/5 was "Released to Convoy", 8/12. Should be here next week.

Just my recent experience...

Good Luck
That's good news! Can't wait for mine! Congrats!

Did they move your build date up or did it stay the same?

03DOHC

Established Member
Just called the VOPC and it says my vehicle is locked in or something and due to be built the week of August 26 with a delivery date of September 9! That's a new message! Woo hoo, here we go!

Sorry, I have been waiting since 2/18/02 so I'm just a LITTLE excited.

POINTCOVER

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Just called the VOPC and it says my vehicle is locked in or something and due to be built the week of August 26 with a delivery date of September 9! That's a new message! Woo hoo, here we go!

Sorry, I have been waiting since 2/18/02 so I'm just a LITTLE excited.

You might want to speak with someone in customer service. They are going to hold them until they figure out the "quality control issue" ie. vibration problem.

Automotive News (a weekly) newpaper stated they were not releasing any more Cobras until the vibration issue was addressed and fixed. Better now than later. My Cobra is with approximately 150 others in a storage lot at Dearborn.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Re: Re: Re: 7/29 CANX

Originally posted by 03DOHC
That's good news! Can't wait for mine! Congrats!

Did they move your build date up or did it stay the same?
Stayed the same throughout the process..

Me either, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread