In need of some advice

aaguila

Established Member
Car currently has 113k miles , I’ve owned it since 2007 started with 14k miles. Back in 09 I added a 2.8 pulley to the stock Eaton and put down 430hp 466tq with 15lbs of boost and has been like that for years with no issues. I recently added a gen2 TVS VMP blower with a 3.0 upper and stock lower. I replaced pretty much all the inner and outer idler pulleys, new belts,water pump,Injectors and added a boost a pump.new intake gaskets pretty much everything you could think of to replace the blower. Finally got it to the dyno and it put down 526hp with 19lbs of boost. The car ran strong but my tuner mention the power seem to low so we decided to pull the plugs and check compression and it didn’t come out good I was pretty disappointed on the numbers.
1-150 5-125
2-145 6-120
3-140 7-110
4-147 8-110

Any advice would be appreciated, I’m hoping my pistons and rings are still good and it’s only a head issue for both sides. I don’t want to get into the engine right now because obviously it’s a shit load of money.

nxhappy

Established Member
40 pounds diff ....rings and pistons are done, lots of blow by. it's rebuild time.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Pass side is within the 10% window. Absolute numbers can very a lot from the gauge used, engine temp etc...

The other bank is a concern imho, if you put some oil in the cylinder and compression comes up it’s probably hurt. Cam timing may be way out of whack (still sucks but not full on rebuild suck)

nxhappy

Established Member
also, leak down is more accurate. But you still likely need new pistons/rings and a head resurface.

aaguila

Established Member
I Still have some hope its just the heads and maybe the valves or the cam timing is off. I will start with putting some oil and checking all my cylinders and check compression again and hopefully compression doesn’t come up on any cylinder. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread