In need of serious help with these rims.

331Stroker

Stroked
Established Member
They are american racing aluminum rims. I have tried never dull, powerball witha few different polishes and they still look like crap IMO.

Let me know what you think...

picdy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I was going to try one of these:

Showman's Ultra Fine Polish for aluminum and stainless steel
Custom Blend Aluminum Polish
http://www.shineseal.com/products.htm The master kit.

Just thought I would get other opinions first.

Last edited:

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
Yep you pretty much need a metal polishing kit, buffer wheels and everything. Look into the Wolfgangs metal polish line, its pretty expensive but gives amazing results.

Or you can find some Blue Magic Metal Compound and scrubb it by hand and then follow down with a a lighter metal polish, something like Adams Metal Polish and then a wheel wax. You wont get perfect without an actual air buffer or buffer attachment on a rotary. But it will make them look better than they are.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Just a cheap "give it a shot" recommendation. Go to your local Harbor Freight and buy a couple conical buff's, they're cheap so get a couple. Put one on the end of a cordless drill and throw some jewelers rouge on it. That usually gets your basic haze off of polished aluminum and gives you a good clean finish to hand polish with a good metal polish like Mothers or Adams (I personally prefer the latter).

Users who are viewing this thread