In Need of a Engine Block

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
Does anyone here have an old 5.0L block laying around that they don't want?

I'm really looking for a junk block that is just taking up space somewhere that someone wants rid of.

I've been keeping a bunch of parts from my last 5.0L to make a coffee table, all I'm missing is the block. I'm almost at the point that I'll have the free time to put it together.

Let me know if you've got something that will work.

Thanks,

04yellowcobra

Established Member
I will keep you in mind. We just took a complete 4.6 2V to the junk yard like 2 weeks ago, as long as you give us more than the scrap value its all yours. We do have a rebuildable 302 block core up at Brandons but its forsale for $175.

Let me know.

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
Thanks Jason. That core sounds too nice for what I have in mind and I'd be willing to spend a few bucks, but not a whole lot. If you still have those SN95 pillars I might be interested.

I just need a 79-95 block, I don't even care if it's had a rod thrown and has a big hole in it (In fact that might make a cooler coffee table).

1slohawk

Established Member
I have a stock 5.0 block you can have. It's in good shape. Only problem is it's in newport delaware which I believe is a pretty good drive from you.

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
I have a stock 5.0 block you can have. It's in good shape. Only problem is it's in newport delaware which I believe is a pretty good drive from you.

I'll take you up on that! Thanks.

I used to live in Newark, DE and would love a reason to visit some friends.

Please shoot me a PM of when I can drop by and pick it up.

viper82489

Established Member
I am in the middle of making one of these also. I got a hold of a busted teksid block and Im gonna use the rods and pistons to hold the glass up. All I need is a piece of glass and to make some legs and it will be done.

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
I am in the middle of making one of these also. I got a hold of a busted teksid block and Im gonna use the rods and pistons to hold the glass up. All I need is a piece of glass and to make some legs and it will be done.

I wasn't going to do legs at all because I don't need it to be very tall. The thought of putting casters on the bottom to make it easy to move does appeal to me though.

I'll take some pics as it progresses.

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
Thanks again for the block Mike! I'm going to have it hot tanked this week and have the table done by next week.

Pics to follow.

1slohawk

Established Member
Thanks again for the block Mike! I'm going to have it hot tanked this week and have the table done by next week.

Pics to follow.

I'm glad I could help and that the block is going towards a cool project. I can't wait to see pictures.:beer:

357cstang

Used to have a fast Cobra
Established Member

Pics to follow.

Be careful using Mike's block. Chances are you'll waste a clutch just from associating with him. Or have to send your blower out to be rebuilt.

Just kidding, can't wait to see the pictures.

1slohawk

Established Member
Be careful using Mike's block. Chances are you'll waste a clutch just from associating with him. Or have to send your blower out to be rebuilt.

Just kidding, can't wait to see the pictures.

hahaha Thanks carlo, but it could be worse I could build a 1000hp turbo cobra and get scared of it. :banana:

viper82489

Established Member
Made a little progress on my table today snapped a couple pics

IMAG0151.jpg

I had to make these wedges so the pistons would sit level
IMAG0153.jpg

I still have to tack one more wedge on and then make some legs to raise it up a few inches. probably gonna try and clean the block up a little more to.

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
Made a little progress on my table today snapped a couple pics

I still have to tack one more wedge on and then make some legs to raise it up a few inches. probably gonna try and clean the block up a little more to.

That block is very clean already. Nice job.

Mine is going to get painted dark grey. I just got it back from the hot tank last week. I'm using large casters to gain the height that I need.

viper82489

Established Member
that looks awesome man.

Thanks, putting your busted block to good use. :thumbsup:

That block is very clean already. Nice job.

Thanks, yeah the front is pretty clean but the back and underside of the cylinders is still pretty dirty.

I think my biggest obstacle is going to be finding a piece of glass to sit on top.

TGS2

Dr.Gonzo
Established Member
Thanks, yeah the front is pretty clean but the back and underside of the cylinders is still pretty dirty.

I think my biggest obstacle is going to be finding a piece of glass to sit on top.

I'm going on Monday to submit my specs for my Glass. I think the Glass is going to be the most expensive part. I'll let you know what I paid for it and how big it ends up being. I've been through several cardboard templates already trying to get it just right for my man cave.

I'll get some pics of my progress posted this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread