in case yall missed it my car

Speedfreek

Established Member
The color looks right to me, the stripes are a little off but as far as the color my two low mile cars look like that. They have alway's been garage kept and just haven't faded. Now my 70k car is a different color because of fade.

Last edited:

~Ray~

Established Member
Speedfreek said:
The color looks right to me, the stripes are a little off but as far as the color my two low mile cars look like that. They have alway's been garage kept and just haven't faded. Now my 70k car is a different color because of fade.

Nope there wrong, I own (2) 93 Cobras & owned another about 12 years ago aswell & I also have a brand new set of Ford Factory replacement lenses sitting here aswell, if you got black taillights on yours aswell then you also don't have the right tail light lenses either, there are two colors available Charcola Grey & Black & them above are not Charcoal them are Black....

Just look @ the pinstripes there stickers "not painted on" :lol:

PJM99

Established Member
Speedfreek said:
here is a local guy that's got them on his teal car.
th_IMG_1397.jpg

th_Stangpics001.jpg

They don't look half bad on Teal. You have bigger pics?

EV1L_SVT

Established Member
~Ray~ said:
Nope there wrong, I own (2) 93 Cobras & owned another about 12 years ago aswell & I also have a brand new set of Ford Factory replacement lenses sitting here aswell, if you got black taillights on yours aswell then you also don't have the right tail light lenses either, there are two colors available Charcola Grey & Black & them above are not Charcoal them are Black....

Thanks for the investigative work, Magnum :rolleyes:

The car looks fine to me...to each his own. Anyway, nice ride Mikes93cobra :rockon:

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
~Ray~ said:

The new replacement lenses out there have the stick on pinstripes as opposed to the painted stuff. In fact, IIRC, when they were still available from Ford - the last batch had stickers as opposed to paint.

You do realize that the color could be washed out from fade, or simply from a camera flash, right? And it's a PICTURE - according to the camera and lighting conditions, the things could even have a blueish cast.

BTW. they look Charcoal to me, but it is just a picture.

Geez, chill out. BTW, Brandon (Speedfreek) has owned prob. a dozen 93 Cobras, and just got through buying a 6000 mile PRISITINE Teal car. He should know what they look like, I believe.

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
Mikes93cobra, you HAVE to give us more info on your 5-lug conversion! What kit you bought (if any), what axles, spindles, lowering springs (if any), what size tires (front/rear), and what fender modifications you did (if any).

This is old news for most of you but here is a pic of mine. I couldn't leave this thread with only red & teal Cobras with 10th anns.

TENTH_ANN_WHEELS.jpg

Naja

cobra keeper
Established Member
I am really lovin those wheels on the 93! I haven't seen any other wheels I have liked on the 93 other than those. Nice car! How about some engine pics. :pop:

Speedfreek

Established Member
93Cobra#2771 said:
The new replacement lenses out there have the stick on pinstripes as opposed to the painted stuff. In fact, IIRC, when they were still available from Ford - the last batch had stickers as opposed to paint.

You do realize that the color could be washed out from fade, or simply from a camera flash, right? And it's a PICTURE - according to the camera and lighting conditions, the things could even have a blueish cast.

BTW. they look Charcoal to me, but it is just a picture.

Geez, chill out. BTW, Brandon (Speedfreek) has owned prob. a dozen 93 Cobras, and just got through buying a 6000 mile PRISITINE Teal car. He should know what they look like, I believe.

Yes they look dark charcoal to me as well. I said above that the stripes were off but the color looked right. Like I said before both my low mile cars are dark charcoal, not black. They have never been in the rain and exposed to the weather. Now my daily driven cars are lighter.

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
Fast93 said:
JimJr, your offset looks a little different than the others. Are yours tucked in because it looks like it?
Mine looks tucked because my rear axles are near stock GT/LX length (Baer 5-lug Kit) and 95V6 spindles with -3* camber. The tires are 275/40 all around, and Steeda SS springs. Even with the -camber I’m still having major rubbing issues up front under hard cornering/braking. Any ideas on how to get the 275/40's to fit up front? I'm thinking I need to raise the front and get some stiffer springs. The rear is fine; I just have to do a little massaging.

It looks as though Mikes93cobra has 94+ axles (.75" longer=1.25" total), thats why I asked him to post his setup.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread