In a delimma

Brent Davis

Established Member
I currently have a 2014 base GT with the Brembo brake option/sync/3.73 gears and I added JBA 1 7/8" LT's & matching H-pipe with GT-500 mufflers. I then added a 2.3 Whipple blower kit producing 600 RWHP with a 3.25" pulley. The car is absolutely fun to drive and is a head turner while lowered on AMR 20" wheels too.

now my problem is seeing these 2015 GT's and especially that Hellion just made 800 RWHP wig 93 octane has got me seriously thinking about trading my car in for the new car. How hard has it been for you to make that decision? This is tough man as my 2014 is fun as heck but if I want more power the. I need to build the engine, etc.

untitled-2.png

Last edited:

jdcobra

Established Member
Do it. It's a no brainier. I had a 2012 5.0 that that I bought brand new and sold around 20k miles. Think I took a $1,500 hit?

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
If all you want to do is make big power then there's no reason to trade, just build your current motor.

Zemedici

Established Member
That car looks ****ing good. AND you're not paying 40k+ for it.

Keep what you have.

And you wont catch on fire

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
Honestly, I would wait a few years and let the S550 platform settle out. Your car is new and you likely won't be bored with it in the near future. I am pretty content with what I have now (a choice of 5 different late model Mustangs) to drive. The S550 will be around for a while and who knows what will be available in future iterations.

nycarpenter

Established Member
Wait until rebates come out. Should be soon...... Your 14 will not drop much in value over the next few months.. I sold my 14 back to the dealer because they were very motivated to move their 15s.. I did not do it for more power etc. This was really an impulse buy that so far has worked out fine.

darreng505

Established Member
It's not a dilemma. Rather you just want the latest shiny toy and more power. That cycle will never end. You got a great car. You built it how you wanted at the time. Be happy. There will always be something shinier, bigger, better somewhere else.

Branhammer

Established Member
I'd keep what you have. I want a 2015, but that's because I'm in a nearly 20-yr-old car. If I had a 2014 like yours I highly doubt I'd trade it in on a 2015. But that's just me, I don't go to the track much anymore so 600 rwhp is plenty for a street car.

Brent Davis

Established Member
Yeah man I know guys. I without a doubt really LIKE my car for sure. I THINK that I just might hang on to it for a little while......who knows. It's just good conversation when your head is spinning about this kind of stuff. I am DEFINATELY used to HP coming from a 1200 RWHP single 88mm turbo old school R302 TFS high ported set up. I just love the idea of a 700+ RWHP engine and NOT have to build it to maintain that HP level.

Jdcobra, I had a 2012 SuperBee too.

IMAG0201.jpg

Brian Z.

Established Member
I'm in the same boat as you OP. I think I'm going to wait to see what the pricing is on the GT350 and also see if Ford does another GT500 before jumping onto the new platform. Like you I really enjoy my current ride though and may just focus on a few things I'd like it to do better such as adding coilovers so that I can have the low ride height without the harshness.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Keep your current car its fast, and you will lose all the money you spent on mods in the trade. The 15's haven't been out long enough to discover any issues that usually happen with 1st year runs of a redesigned vehicle!

Users who are viewing this thread