IMRC Questions

onepowerfulpony

Feel The Powa
Established Member
Ok I did a search and did not find a detailed write up of HOW to do the install of an IMRC delete. I am getting a set of deletes from a member on this board, and I am really needing to know how to install them. I have never done any labor on a DOHC so I am a little nervous about all of the horror stories you hear about "it's so easy to screw up a DOHC" so I want to make sure it is done right. How do I perform this install? What do I unplug so I don't trip any codes? Is there any other "PREVENTIVE" maintance I should do while I am in there? I am going to do Fuel Filter, Plugs, Wires, Pulleys, & The IMRC Deletes, should I notice a big diffrence? Is it true I will need a tune? I am running 4.30's, O/R X-Pipe, Mac Cat-Back, WMS Short Ram Intake & soon the above mods. I would like to do longtubes but it won't be real soon, so I would like to hold off on a tune until everything is done. I have 136k and want to "play it safe" if you will, so any help is greatly appreciated.

RU8TNQT

Im a sexy s.o.b.
Established Member
just did mine yesterday this helps alot

http://www.svtmustangcobraclub.com/media/pdfs/tech/IMRC_Cleaning.pdf

this just shows how to pull them out and clean them, to delete them unscrew all of the butterfly's and the rod will pullout, clean them really good, since yours are aluminum you can probably use a wire brush. the holes that are left by the missing rod need to be filled but only the two end holes and the two with the wide gap youll see what im talkin about when you get it off.

becareful what you use to fill in the holes because aluminum expands when it gets hot and the plug can fall into the motor.

Users who are viewing this thread