IMRC issues or???

CSVT5416

Established Member
Recently bought a 98 CSVT and it needed head gaskets. Had heads checked and ok'd. Was shaven. Not sure how much. After I got the car back from the shop. It seems like secondaries are not operating right. I had my mechanic hook up a scanner to it and it mentioned IMRC error of some sort. Autozone found 5 codes. Two "lean" codes. It has new plugs and wires. I unplugged the IACV and it runs better. It was idling 2500+ at red lights. Now it idles at whatever Rpm it feels like. Which is usually around 1000-1400 (with the IACV unplugged). Any suggestions?

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
The IMRC (Intake Manifold Runner Control) controls the secondaries,which IIRC open up at 2500RPM or 4000 RPM depending. They have nothing to do with idle. I would start with removing and cleaning the IACV and MAF.

Prototype007

Established Member
Been there, done that. Replace your MAF.

Just for test purposes, unhook it and start the car back up and see if it pulls harder. If so, you have the answer. You will experience erratic idle during this test btw.

CSVT5416

Established Member
Reason I thought the IMRC was if for some reason it was faulty.. Could it not somehow leave the secondaries partially open resulting in more air? And I'll clean the MAF. I appreciate the help!

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
If the secondaries are open, it will still idle fine, it just has no balls from idle until about 2500-3000rpm.

CSVT5416

Established Member
Okay I understand now. Thanks for the information
asyme9us.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread