IMRC DELETES AND PLENUM SPACERS SALE for 96-98 SVT's

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We have sold over 400 of these spacers over the last 10 years and have never heard this, in fact we are confused on how it could hit since it fits below the factory strut brace?? Do you have a picture of this and what motor mounts are you using. You also mention silicone coupler but the car does not come with a silicone coupler from the factory, it is a molded boot, are you referring to aftermarket air intake or supercharger tube? Let us know as we are certainly interested in correcting any issues. (also as a FYI for anyone reading this - the aftermarket urethane motor mounts and solid mounts make the engine sit higher because they do not compress as much as the soft rubber under the engines weight)

Last edited:

03bluemach

Established Member
Here's a pic of the intake setup im using , with the spacer the hood hits the coupler where you see the first band clamp. ( smaller O.D. clamp ) also before I tried too close the hood I turned the two intake clamps where the bolt that you use to tighten them was on the under side so that the smooth side was up ,unlike the picture you see . Im also using prothane motor mounts .. I would like to work with you guys over @ MMR on making it work ..Thanks

008.jpg

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We appreciate the picture, but it doesnt show the spacer or what is hitting or where. We could see how the clamp would be touching with the T style clamp that you are using -they have a higher profile than std clamp. You also did not mention the motor mounts that you are using. Please let us know so that we can help out.

03bluemach

Established Member
The picture I posted up was in regards to your inquire about which air intake setup Im using . I also mentioned in my earlier post about the T- clamps, they were flipped with the T- bolt head portion to the underside while the spacer was installed so that just the band of the clamps (Smooth side ) were facing upwards toward the hood. I can put the intake spacer back on today and take another picture for you as I want to help out anyway I can , but It might be hard to get you a good photo with the hood being lowered to where it contacts with the intake spacer installed , i'll do my best . I also mentioned in my last post that im using Prothane motor mounts . Heres the link from another member that had the same issue with the MMR intake spacer
CLICK >>>>>> .... http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-Intake-spacer-hood-clearance-issues-(-96-98)

Last edited:

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thank you, the Pro-thane motor mount raise the engine (as they do not compress like the soft rubber factory ones), this is part of the problem and something we suspected, the other problem is the more bulky T bolt style clamp being used. There are a few options, some easier than others, 1. remove the Pro thane motor mounts 2. send the spacer to us and we can reduce some of its thickness. 3 switch to a std style clamp on the TB.

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The Kit includes IMRC's only, we do however offer the gaskets, if your vehicle was originally equipped with metal IMRC's the factory gaskets can be re-used.

Users who are viewing this thread