IMRC Deleted Today.

XR8XTC

Established Member
Today I put in my IMRC Delete plates provided to me by Todd Warren (The NA Master) a couple of years ago when I got my Short Runner Intake from him. I jumped back in my Cobra and headed down the road and after my first drive with the Delete in I must say what a nice mod and that I cant wait for the Aluminium Drive Shaft I have ordered to arrive then Dyno tune this Puppy to see how much power there is now. I hope its better than 300rwhp.

Last edited:

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
Did you have to tune it to run right with the deletes in place? I zip-tied mine open one time, and I had a terrible miss off idle. I never really thought there was much benefit to the deletes, but now that I'm spraying I would love to do deletes and spray at about 3000 RPM.

XR8XTC

Established Member
No its seems to be running fine with the Deletes in Place. Small but noticeable difference with Deletes in.

luke87gt

Established Member
I am very interested to see what you lay down since your mods are very similar to what I have sitting in the garage waiting to go on.

I assume you will retune for the IMRC deletes?

harvboi05

Established Member
there are quite a few ignition tables that modify total timing that should be disabled when you eliminate your IMRCs. id say a new calibration is definitely needed for your car to run properly.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
you need a tune, but you can run around town with little effect or notice, I did it and I still had and do have the 3.27's and really could not tell, but the engine sure was smoother when I shifted up and esp. down shifted

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I had the miss on mine when i ziptied them open before. disconnected the battery for a few minutes, and it ran fine after that. i prefer the functioning IMRCs though.

luke87gt

Established Member
Any updates on this?

If IMRCs are deleted without a tune, what can I expect the timing to do at WOT?

I notice that my car currently has about 18* advance at WOT up until 3500 where the IMRCs open. Then the timing jumps to 27-28* according to the datalogs and holds it to 7K.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I deleted mine and ran without a tune for a month or so, and really did not notice anything bad, car ran much more smoother, but at the same time I also cleaned the gunked up secondary valves that were just covered in caked on carbon.

Users who are viewing this thread