IMRC Delete Question/Idea

fullofvenom

Established Member
Just a thought I had, but I'm wondering if anyone has ever considered or tried it.

It seems that when you delete the IMRCs, you can't take full advantage of the extra flow volume you are getting out of the intake. Since the injector is over the primary port and mixes with the air stream "in line" as its flowing in, the extra air from the secondary port actually hurts performance because its not atomizing properly. Has anyone ever considered using a second injector on each cylinder, placed over the secondary port, in conjunction with the deletes and maybe some porting? With the volume these heads can handle, I would think you'd see good power gains.

Am I crazy?

Discuss.

duane v

Established Member
fullofvenom said:
Just a thought I had, but I'm wondering if anyone has ever considered or tried it.

It seems that when you delete the IMRCs, you can't take full advantage of the extra flow volume you are getting out of the intake. Since the injector is over the primary port and mixes with the air stream "in line" as its flowing in, the extra air from the secondary port actually hurts performance because its not atomizing properly. Has anyone ever considered using a second injector on each cylinder, placed over the secondary port, in conjunction with the deletes and maybe some porting? With the volume these heads can handle, I would think you'd see good power gains.

Am I crazy?

Discuss.
The B-headed sullivan intake when it comes out, one version will have dual 19 lbs injectors....DA snake boy!!!

fullofvenom

Established Member
Sweet deal. Thanks for the info Duane. The sullivan site is pretty crappy when it comes to posting updates and news (last news article is from 2004). I wish they would post something concrete about the BHead intake. I know you posted an email or article you received, but I WANT MORE, dammit! :-D

Indeed, that would be the hawtness.

Users who are viewing this thread