IMRC Delete Help??

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
I'm thinking of buying IMRC Deletes from MMR, but I have a few questions on the install.

With IMRC deletes do you just remove everything you have and basically swap in the Deletes.

How difficult is the install. I really want to do this myself instead of taking it to someone and paying them.

Does anyone have pics of their install.

I'll be taking the car to Lidio in a few months for the tune. Thanks in advance, and any ADVICE is appreciated.

Al:beer:

oh I know its been covered before, BUT there is no search for now

Last edited:

crazycarlo

Established Member
I just had mine apart last week. I think you take out the plates and the control box. Taking it apart and all isnt that hard. The hardest part for me was taking the coolant crossover out and that was easy one I found out what worked. However Im not sure but I think you have to have a tune with them deleted to get your car to run right. Hope that Fuel pump is working out for ya :)

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
It is a pretty straight forward job. The coolant needs to be drained first, remove the air intake and throttle cables, unbolt the upper intake, unbolt the crossover tube and hoses, it is usually a bitch to get the crossover out bit it will come & make sure you get new "O" rings for it, remove the lower then the IMRC's. You can also remove the imrc box and cables from the bottom of the intake. I think that is everything. With the crossover off of the car make sure you can get the refill plug out and when everything is back together make sure you burp the system.

kab7353

Established Member
Al
The best advice is to pick up a Haynes Manual. THey are well worth $15. Heres a page i made shows the IMRC deletes
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2943430 The swap will be pretty easy. The hard part is when you actually make the deletes yourself. So you should be good.
i was looking at what you have done to your car...and it is exactly what i want to have done to my car as the first steps in customizing it...what numbers does it put down with your setup?

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
what type of torque wrench is needed, I heard its not pound/ft but something else??? and how do you drain the coolent out all the way I need to flush my system when I take apart my intake in a few months as well, im tryin to get everythng together beforehand such as O rings etc. where do you get them stever from tousley?

uofipilot

Established Member
what type of torque wrench is needed, I heard its not pound/ft but something else??? and how do you drain the coolent out all the way I need to flush my system when I take apart my intake in a few months as well, im tryin to get everythng together beforehand such as O rings etc. where do you get them stever from tousley?

I didnt use a torque wrench. Just made everything good and tight.

Not sure about draining the coolant all the way out of the block and heater core. I'm taking mine to the dealer to have the system flushed this spring. They actually do a pressurized backflush, which will work much better than just draining and refilling.

As far as the O-rings, I got them at my local dealer. However, they had to order them. They told me two days, and it ended up being 5. My car was sitting apart for the whole time because I was dumb and didn't get everything together first. I think they were ten-twelve bucks for the set of three. :nonono:

And you're gonna need a d-load of carb cleaner to actually clean the plates.

Oh, and to help get the crossover tube out, which was a major pita until i did this, just hit it with a small shot of wd-40, wait two minutes, and your life will be a whole lot easier.

Last edited:

gq916

Established Member
just the coolant thing in the front is a bitch to get off...u have to pry it out...other than that its just a lot of bolts...probably take u 1-2 to get to the imrc plates

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
Its not as bad as it seems. Takes about an hour to get down to the IMRC's a little time cleaning then putting it back together. Most backyard mechanics could do it in about 3hours with beer breaks..

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
Al
The best advice is to pick up a Haynes Manual. THey are well worth $15. Heres a page i made shows the IMRC deletes
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2943430 The swap will be pretty easy. The hard part is when you actually make the deletes yourself. So you should be good. .

Thanks bro I'll ceck the info out.
I have the book and Cookieman's computer Dealer version as well.

PM sent,I can walk you through it.

Thanks man I appreciate it. I'll pm you, because I'm going to need the help.:beer:

Its not as bad as it seems. Takes about an hour to get down to the IMRC's a little time cleaning then putting it back together. Most backyard mechanics could do it in about 3hours with beer breaks..

I hope this is right (time wise):beer:

I really appreciate everyones input. Thanks for all the help.

Last edited:

jlg32281

Established Member
It's actually very easy and most of it is common sense. You have to take off the stuff on top of them to get to them. Then pull them out and clean them and stick them back. I reused my o-rings on the coolant tube. I was also able to reuse the other gaskets too. The orange one was hard to get back in because I got it wet with carb cleaner and it was swolen. I washed it with dish soap and let it dry over night and it shrank back to normal size and went right in.

COBRA97SVT

Established Member
i was looking at what you have done to your car...and it is exactly what i want to have done to my car as the first steps in customizing it...what numbers does it put down with your setup?

Unfortunitly i havent had it dynoed yet. But maybe this summer. I would image 275-280 hp. Hopefully :beer:

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
Unfortunitly i havent had it dynoed yet. But maybe this summer. I would image 275-280 hp. Hopefully :beer:

With a tune the car will be VERY close to 300rwhp. Mine made 293 with almost the exact same seyup and a safe tune. 13.3 AFR. could have leaned it out and made more power.

Users who are viewing this thread