imrc del Q for only people who have done it

vnms96

Established Member
this is only for you guys who have done the imrc delete. basically i dont want people chiming in saying my friends brothers uncles son had a friend who did it. now that's out of the way. i'm doing the delete in my cobra, i'm n/a with 4.10 gears and the rest of my mods are in my sig. well it really hurt my performance by doing this? what are your thoughts about your cars performance with the deletes in place? thanks in advance.

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
i really never noticed anything down low when i did mine but picked up 12rwhp 6-7rwtq with a tune. I also got 4.10s and thats back when i was n/a to:beer:

96dreamer

Established Member
i have the deletes on my car with 4.10s and o/r h. dont notice any losses down low and i think the car runs alot smoother, i dont regret it at all

bssmith1220

Established Member
I did mine a week or so ago, my controller was crapping out. I didn't really notice any difference down low, and to be honest doesn't really feel all that different up top. it may have picked up some power, but all I was after was getting that bad controller out of there.

vnms96

Established Member
basically im asking about the low end loss rather then the gain. the only people i hear talking bout the loss are those who haven't done it. but i dont know that for a fact, thats the reason for the thread.

MustangBetty

i really never noticed anything down low when i did mine but picked up 12rwhp 6-7rwtq with a tune. I also got 4.10s and thats back when i was n/a to:beer:

Did it have an equal tune before the deletes? Do you happen to have the graphs for both?

With all of the respected Modular guys saying how shitty velocity is on the B-heads, I can't see how it wouldn't lose performance 1000-3400. Unless they are over exaggerating to push the C-heads. :-D

Or for that matter, does anyone here have a before and after graph, specifically with cars tuned both times.

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
the lack of low end can be made up by getting a tune, they adjust the tables down low so that you can make up for losing the deletes, ford has a very conservative tune, I have heard early production 96 have a less agressive tune than the 98's because thats when ford just put the motor's in teh mustang and didnt want to blow them up.
so if your gonna remove the IMRC's plan to get a tune because your gonna have a CEL anyway..good luck

MustangBetty

Well you can't compare a tuned car to an untuned car and say one didn't lose anything.

It sounds to me like you do lose power down low with IMRCs deleted if all things are equal.

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
do u remember where that 12rwhp came in at, im assuming about 4K rpms??
It came in at 6k but i had a solid 5hp from 3.5k on:beer:

Did it have an equal tune before the deletes? Do you happen to have the graphs for both?

With all of the respected Modular guys saying how shitty velocity is on the B-heads, I can't see how it wouldn't lose performance 1000-3400. Unless they are over exaggerating to push the C-heads. :-D

Or for that matter, does anyone here have a before and after graph, specifically with cars tuned both times.

No i didnt have equal tunes. On the tune befor the deletes i lost a little i think 8rwtq befor 3k. Then when i tuned it for the deletes i only lost 1-2rwtq. But with 4.10s and longtubes i didnt notice any real difference when driving.

And yes with all things being equal you will lose power down low. But with a tune you can get most of it back,and with at least 4.10s you shouldnt notice it and longtubes help as well. I know i had all the bolt ons and imrc deletes,and a tune to hit 300rwhp and 292rwtq N/A :beer:

vnms96

Established Member
It came in at 6k but i had a solid 5hp from 3.5k on:beer:

No i didnt have equal tunes. On the tune befor the deletes i lost a little i think 8rwtq befor 3k. Then when i tuned it for the deletes i only lost 1-2rwtq. But with 4.10s and longtubes i didnt notice any real difference when driving.

And yes with all things being equal you will lose power down low. But with a tune you can get most of it back,and with at least 4.10s you shouldnt notice it and longtubes help as well. I know i had all the bolt ons and imrc deletes,and a tune to hit 300rwhp and 292rwtq N/A :beer:

thats what im looking for right there. thanks everybody

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Well my friends brothers uncle did his and I drove the car down the track. Felt almost the same as mine.

Then I did see one on the dyno before and after with stock tune.
Lost a average of ~4rwtq under the curve but picked up a few RWHP up top.

vnms96

Established Member
Well my friends brothers uncle did his and I drove the car down the track. Felt almost the same as mine.

Then I did see one on the dyno before and after with stock tune.
Lost a average of ~4rwtq under the curve but picked up a few RWHP up top.

hahahahahahahahahahaha:lol::lol::lol::lol:
but really thats not a bad loss or gain

Users who are viewing this thread