imrc cleaning help please

vnms96

Established Member
im trying to do the imrc cleaning on my car and i cant get the intake off. theres ten bolts holding it down and there all out, and it won't budge. am i missing something?

mrspeedy69

W.O.R.D.
Established Member
How did the cleaning go? Make sure you get a torque wrench that works!!! Apparently mine was broken and I kept tightening it and a bolt broke...

MouTine

Established Member
I didn't snap or broke anything. I eaven replaced that short water hose with nice blue silicone one. Injectors ultra sonic washed, new O2 sensors, blah blah... Can't wait dyno somewhere at summer. Wondering is there any diffirence in dynosheet I got last summer.

vnms96

Established Member
well i haven't got it done yet. i pulled it all off last night and said f it i'll finish tommorrow. the are freakin nasty though. i'm gonna just do the delete.

uofipilot

Established Member
Which bolts are you guys breaking? I'm gonna do this in a week or so, and I want to know where to be careful. Are you breaking upper intake bolts or what?

Thanks.

swallent

Established Member
+3, one of mine broke. Still haven't replaced it, can you get the bolts from Ford?

Been trying for months to find them...arp doesnt make replacements and ford keeps saying they cant locate them. Maybe we can team up and track some down...My fuel ral is very jerry rigged right now LOL

Cookieman00x

Drunk Again.
Established Member
I broke an upper intake bolt in the front.. it was threaded through the bottom so I got some pliars and twisted it out...

Users who are viewing this thread