Imprudent Speed

96Cobracomander

Established Member
Well Id just like to say first i have a clean driving record! (not that it matters)

Coming home tonight i ran into a clean Fox body GT, we are keeping it calm and we both get to a red light im behind him and cars in the lane next to me, light turns green and he gives it a little so i can get out in front, so we are just cruising side by side nothing crazy, and he gives me a blip of the throttle, so after i catch back up i return the favor (brief 2nd gear pulls for a second or 2 just to let out some noise) afterwards we exchange thumbs up and start to go our seperate ways he was making a left onto a side street and i had to make a right onto a main road further down the street we were already on.

Lets just say the two officers cruising quite a ways behind us did not appreciate our spectacle and they nab us both, I got a speeding ticket and no front license plate ticket... Now the speeding ticket has no MPH on it just says "imprudent speed" now i know i done wrong by show boating with the throttle but just like every one else i really don't want any points on my license so i have every intention of pleading not guilty and getting this charged knocked down as far as i possibly can and ill happily pay the fines in exchange but what kind of mercy do you guys think the DA will allow a first time offender?

on a Side Note, Man officers these days are really talented at making you feel dumb, i know i didn't need his help for that being i did violate a traffic law and got caught in the act but he gave me my 2 tickets, said if he ever see's me again he is gonna get me for 3 more (tinted windows, Exhaust, object impairing vision (guess he was talking about my little tree car scent hanging from my rear view)) then he said "im gonna stand here like the idiot that you are (referencing me) and watch you drive off", i mean i could take the ignorant route and say what the **** does he know it wasn't a race blah blah blah he's just an overpaid Nassau county pig go bust some real crime but i do take this stuff seriously because you never appreciate certain professions especially LEO's until you need em, well that's that just felt like getting some of that out there.

Machdup1

Established Member
he's just an overpaid Nassau county pig go bust some real crime but i do take this stuff seriously because you never appreciate certain professions especially LEO's until you need em, well that's that just felt like getting some of that out there.

You are not going to make friends. Calling the officer an overpaid pig is unwarranted. You should redirect that energy at the person responsible for the situation. You.

You admit to a brief demonstration of acceleration and apparently you were speeding in front of the police. You're guilty, the only question is how you should move forward after doing something that you knew was illegal.

Saleen4971

Established Member
"Go bust some real crime"

Real crime like....something thats against the law? Which is what you did?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

96Cobracomander

Established Member
OH boy i was afraid that this would be taken out of context, the last paragraph at the end was not me saying "bust real crime" "your over paid", that was simply the ignorance that most people display towards LEO's.... The purpose in writing that was to get the point across that i could feel like that, but i don't and i understand i violated a law and that i accept responsibility for my actions and i have the up most respect for officers who are upholding the law...

I really don't want to start an internet war over that, so if i must ill edit the post, i just want to know that with an "imprudent speed" ticket that has no MPH written on it what kind of break can i catch at traffic court?

COBRA_ESQ

Established Member
i just want to know that with an "imprudent speed" ticket that has no MPH written on it what kind of break can i catch at traffic court?
All depends on where the ticket is returnable. Some jurisdictions there is no plea bargaining (NYC Area), other jurisdictions retaining a lawyer will give you the best chance and other jurisdictions a plea bargain is SOP.

On the positive side, it is the lowest speeding violation (3 points) you can be charged with, so if there is plea bargaining and assuming you have a clean license, you should at least be able to have it reduced to a lesser moving violation (2 points) and have the front plate ticket dismissed in satisfaction.

96Cobracomander

Established Member
All depends on where the ticket is returnable. Some jurisdictions there is no plea bargaining (NYC Area), other jurisdictions retaining a lawyer will give you the best chance and other jurisdictions a plea bargain is SOP.

On the positive side, it is the lowest speeding violation (3 points) you can be charged with, so if there is plea bargaining and assuming you have a clean license, you should at least be able to have it reduced to a lesser moving violation (2 points) and have the front plate ticket dismissed in satisfaction.

Thank you Cobra_ESQ

Users who are viewing this thread