Improvements to a 2008

RedZR

Established Member
All,

I thought I would pass along the results of a couple of modifications that were recently completed on my 2008. The car was pretty much stock except for a 2.5 pulley, KR mufflers and a CAI, but I wanted to elevate the ‘fun factor’ and increase the power.

I installed a 2013/14 TVS blower along with 2013/14 injectors and took it to a local shop for final tuning. The shop is Wolfpack Performance in Pittsburgh and the owner /operator (Mike) did a fantastic job with adding the fuel pump boosters, a 2.4 pulley and tuning the car. While I had it in the shop he also switched the OEM clutch out for an RXT.

I just picked the car up yesterday and drove it 75 miles to get home. First, the RXT is amazing. Its so much better than the factory unit- lighter pedal feel, easier to engage and holds like a bear. I am shocked at how much more pleasurable it is to drive with the new clutch. I would highly recommend this clutch.

As far as performance goes, I have attached the dyno results. I could probably change to a larger throttle body and inch my way closer to 650hp but that’s for later. The big thing I noticed is the torque. The TVS really increased torque across the rev range and this thing is an absolute blast to drive. Its producing about 17lbs of max boost and when you mash the throttle and the boost comes up it goes like crazy. It was a little cold yesterday and I did not push it, but I had no problems lighting the Nittos up, especially in 3rd gear.

I just wanted to provide some experiences with these two modifications and let everyone know that they both made a positive difference in the cars performance and made it much more fun to drive.
complete resize.jpg
dyno resized.jpg

yellow03cobra

Established Member
I think Kenne Bell had the stock throttle body flow rated good to 450rwhp where it starts to become a restriction. So yeah, I would get that thing off of it as fast as possible.

fmylife

Established Member
Which Nittos are you running? I have 305-35-20 Mickey Thompson Street Comps and they SUCK horribly. Even at low speeds and just making turns they can get squirrely. Probably the worst tire I've ever driven on.

RedZR

Established Member
I am running the Nitto 555s
I had the stock Goodyears (car has 15k miles) and they were slippery and wheel hopped. The 555s cured both !

fmylife

Established Member
How do they hold up in the rain and colder weather? I DD mine so tires are pretty important.

RedZR

Established Member
The temps on my drive home were in the low 40s and it did ok as long as I kept my foot out of the boost. I drove it in a really light rain this summer (before the TVS) and it did ok, again as long as you take it easy. FWIW they are light years ahead of the stock Goodyears

Willie

Established Member
If you are looking for a TB, I have two for sale, both in the classifieds. You will not find either cheaper anywhere. I used both on my 2008. "Lookie" and "Lookie Here Too"

Users who are viewing this thread