important Question!!!

96stang

Established Member
when i was driving my 96 GT i got on it and noticed my throttle was sticking :shrug: so i kicked the pedal andd it stoped. but then it kept on doing it and i noticed it wasnt the pedal that was sticking. so i think it might be somthing in my throttle body but im not sure. lemme know what you think or if its happened to you.???

thanks, steve

EVOWHAT

Established Member
im a car person still in the process so i dont want to give bad info. but i agree with some WD40 posibly, but i had to comment i was laughing when you said "so i kicked the petal" :poke: i dont know, i thought it was funny

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
yeah i found that a lil' funny too. Its easy to imagine.
Almost like when you bang your shin on a trailer hitch and immediately grab the hitch and try to rip it off the truck...

true story ... :cuss:

Last edited:

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
Hueydigi said:
I was just wondering where would you spray the wd40? and engine on or off ?
on the spring that loads the throtle linkage.
Umm... i dont guess it really matters engin on or off unless you get a lil' trigger happy with the WD40.

96stang

Established Member
yeaa ill try the wd40 and see what haooens but haha yea i didnt know what to do so i pushed in my clutch and booted the gas pedal.....haha but it worked

96stang

Established Member
yeaa ill try the wd40 and see what happens but haha yea i didnt know what to do so i pushed in my clutch and booted the gas pedal :banana: .....haha but it worked

Users who are viewing this thread